Home

MI2SE Soundtrack

KestrelPi

Great! 12 minutes is quite long though. Any chance you could make some seperate versions as in:

1. Initial conversation with lechuck and guybrush-zapping

2. Underground tunnel wandering/making the voodoo doll/defeating lechuck

3. Carnival/End credits

I think those would be good points to split them up.

All right, I quite like the long version, though.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder why they didn't record the vocals for the bone song live with the orchestra, or at least have them as part of the music track like Michael Land did with "A Pirate I Was Meant To Be".

Maybe they wanted to keep the option for foreign-language versions. :¬:

Could you re-upload the opening theme? Mediafire says it's been taken down.

Yep, sorry about that, I will try to put them in a better place a bit later on today, or if someone else who already downloaded them can put them up somewhere that'd be great.

Aren't the lyrics different in every playthrough? Or am I just remembering it wrong?

I'm pretty sure they always say the same thing.

Assuming they left the vocals separate for different language dubs, I would still think each time it was dubbed, you could have someone sync up the singing with the song for each language.

Either way, with or without separate audio, I would think doing the song in other languages is still a serious headache. I think that was part of the reasoning for removing the Pirate Song from CMI for other languages, but it could just be the rhyming was the major problem.

One thing I thought was a nice touch was the new arrangement of the "Bart and Fink/Campfire" music with the whistling, just like the version of the theme in the Monkey Island 2 Medley found at the end of the soundtrack here: http://www.scummbar.com/mi2/MI2-CD2/18%20-%20Monkey%20Island%202%20-%20Medley%20(Bonus).mp3. Obviously Jesse Harlin is still paying attention to the fan contributions from over the years.

The Kate Capsize & dive track was as marvellous as I'd hoped, thanks to getting to that early!

Just played through the Rum's cottage bit, the music outside and inside there is great...looking forward to those tracks turning up too.

Sounds great,thanks for doing that! Only one thing I can hear which is that there's a bit of music missing that kicks in when LeChuck starts doing his 'brother' bit at the start of that segment and before he gets out the Voodoo Doll. I'm not sure what the filename is, I'm afraid.

Sounds great,thanks for doing that! Only one thing I can hear which is that there's a bit of music missing that kicks in when LeChuck starts doing his 'brother' bit at the start of that segment and before he gets out the Voodoo Doll. I'm not sure what the filename is, I'm afraid.

I'll figure it out later. I'm on to Woodtick now.

I think I prefer the Highland Productions version of the Underground Tunnels than the one recorded for the special edition. Maybe it's the live flute, or the orchestral samples, but somehow it sounds sadder, or more bittersweet, if you will. And the second part with the glockenspiel or vibraphone or whatever it is sounds very Danny Elfman-esque. And the renditions of Lechuck's theme sound a lot more menacing and dramatic as well. Oh well. I suppose I can always replace the new version with the Highland Productions one when this is all finished.

Archived