Home

MI2SE Soundtrack

KestrelPi

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was probably going to focus on Scabb and Phatt Island, so if you want to do the rest of the booty island stuff, and perhaps Dinky Island, that should keep both of us occupied for a while.

I'll do Dinky next, and have it lead directly into the Underground Tunnels track.

Edit: Here it is. Dang, that one was easy.

http://sites.google.com/site/aububuh/stuff/DinkyIsland.mp3?attredirects=0&d=1

So I remembered how to use unxwb to extract the files as wavs, but not which program to use to recompile them as something openable by a wav editor like Goldwave. Anyone got a link to the old instructions thread, which I can't seem to find at the moment?

EDIT: Never mind, found the tool! Thanks!!

Great work!

Your work is really appreciated.

But can you by any chance upload the "plain whistlesong" that's at the very end of the credits? You know, the one where in the classic MI2-Version the creditwriter gives you tips, what to do in your freetime (instead of watching credits ;) )

I'm kind of unable to get that song out of my head and it would make a great addition to my mobile-ringtones.

I checked "The Underground Tunnels" upload but the file just ends, where the whistlesong starts.

Keep up the good work :)

Hey guys. I'm new here and a Monkey Island Fan since 1997. :)

I'm making my own Soundtrack, too, at the moment. Already got many tracks together like Woodtick (as a great 7-minute-suite! :) ), the Underground Tunnels or Capt'n Kate.

I've only got one problem: The Carnival track is completely broken... I just hear some crack noises and the melody very, very silent in the background. Is it the same with your files?:raise:

Greets from Germany ;)

Hey guys. I'm new here and a Monkey Island Fan since 1997. :)

I'm making my own Soundtrack, too, at the moment. Already got many tracks together like Woodtick (as a great 7-minute-suite! :) ), the Underground Tunnels or Capt'n Kate.

I've only got one problem: The Carnival track is completely broken... I just hear some crack noises and the melody very, very silent in the background. Is it the same with your files?:raise:

Greets from Germany ;)

The carnival track was processed to sound like it's coming out of low-quality speakers at a carnival, so that's the best it's going to sound. Sorry if that's a bit of a letdown.

Strange to note that that's also how the music sounds on Booty in the SE, no? :raise:

I havn't played that far in the SE yet, but I'm guessing that they decided the Booty Island music should be in-world as well. After all, what's a party without music?

The carnival track was processed to sound like it's coming out of low-quality speakers at a carnival, so that's the best it's going to sound. Sorry if that's a bit of a letdown.

Hmmm.. too bad. I always loved this bit of music at the end. Hope that it works in the game this way at least.

But thanks for the info! ;)

Aubuhbuh- I've already done the Mardi Gras Fish Fry Music, it's on the front page. What I've done is used the Fiish Fry music which is high quality, then at the end crossfaded that into the background music version which you're talking about, then faded out, to make it sound like you're travelling gradually farther away from the carnival.

I'd just like to say a big warm summer-thank-you for piecing all this great music together for us all.

Also, I'd like to request, if I may, the music from outside Phatt's mansion, at the gates and in the garden - it's really good, I think.

Greetings from Denmark :-)

Thanks to everyone for all this great work!!!

I have a request: I'd like to ask to everyone involved if they could post the project files for Audacity of every released track (if they are using this great free software);

this way, everyone that owns the game could extract the original wavebanks and recreate these tracks at the highest possible quality (and eventually make their own version).

Thanks again and keep up the good work!

Thanks to everyone for all this great work!!!

I have a request: I'd like to ask to everyone involved if they could post the project files for Audacity of every released track (if they are using this great free software);

this way, everyone that owns the game could extract the original wavebanks and recreate these tracks at the highest possible quality (and eventually make their own version).

Thanks again and keep up the good work!

I'll try to do this at some point, I think I've kept most of the files.

I'd just like to say a big warm summer-thank-you for piecing all this great music together for us all.

Also, I'd like to request, if I may, the music from outside Phatt's mansion, at the gates and in the garden - it's really good, I think.

Greetings from Denmark :-)

I know the one you mean. It's a very short piece, only about 30 seconds long, and at the moment I'm considering what to do with it since I seem to be working on the phatt island stuff.

Archived