Home

MI2: SE - Minor Annoyances

I wouldn't be too surprised to see patches for all platforms come out, with those it's more expensive to launch patches for (ie: 360 and PS3) coming last. Then they can roll all the patches into one rather than going through the QA/approval/payment process for all of them.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What does the iPhone patch fix? Don't tell me nobody has been poring over every scrap of the game trying to see what's been tweaked?

I know it adds support for the fancy new display on the iPhone 4 too, which is nice for those that have it!

Oh man! Since I've just read the change log properly, I'll answer my own question.

Great news for anyone who loaded up the original Special Edition, saw no dancing monkeys and quit in disgust - me:

• Added intro and outro credits sequences to the Classic version
    (OK, it's only on the Classic version, but it's a start...)
  • Added Intro Movie
  • Classic Introduction fully viewable

No, really, they've put the intro with the dancing monkeys back in? Not sure how I missed that first time round, since they've said it three times. They're obviously catering for rubbish skim-readers, like me.

The other items are:

• Added support for the iPhone 4 Retina display
  • Adjusted timing delays for certain puzzles
  • Fixed music synching issues with the Bone Dance
  • Updated front ends to use iPhone scrolling
  • Stability improvements and other bugfixes

I wouldn't be too surprised to see patches for all platforms come out, with those it's more expensive to launch patches for (ie: 360 and PS3) coming last. Then they can roll all the patches into one rather than going through the QA/approval/payment process for all of them.

I'm pretty sure this is the end all reason to the lack of PS3 and 360 patches. I don't know the details but after the whole Brutal Legend problem on PS3, it seems like both developers and publishers have to jump through way more hoops and pay fees or more money to get patches released on consoles.

• 4 weeks later...

I just now (as of this post) tried MI2:SE on the 360, and was prompted for a title update after it launched. Looks like LucasArts patched it after all. :) Personally, I still chalk most of the delay up to the protracted certification/review process by Microsoft.

I can't speak for the PS3 however, haven't tried that yet, but now wouldn't be surprised to see it as well at some point (if not already).

Just wanted to give a heads up for those who might be waiting to play the game, or were curious to see the changes.

Lastly, not that it matters much, but LucasArts appeares to have patched the premium SE theme for MI2 as well. It now has a proper title, whereas before it showed up with a blank name in the Themes list, post downloading.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, apparently the PSN version was patched a little way back, but does anyone know if all of the issues were fixed (same as the PC version?). I know for a fact that stereo sound was added and the intro was put back into classic. But somebody speaking about the XBOX version said that intro and iMuse were fixed, but the bone song was still broken. Sounds like the XBOX version got a seperate patch to the other versions.

I'll be picking up LCR for PS3 at xmas, so I just wanna know if the patch is the same as the PC version, and if the bone song is in sync.

:)

Archived