Home

Steam User: Directory Of Swkotor (Need Assistance)

TheAlleyCatnip

Alright I'm just a new member of this website, But I'm having a little problem with the Dir Edit swkotor.ini.

Like everyone you got your's by vista and pc. Mostly those who can get it for 10.00's on Steam are not very likely to get what you get on Vista. So I'm pretty much stuck. :confused: If I can get some help about how to add enable=1 I would be appreciated for the help. I beat the game of Star wars Old Republic and now want to beat this game withe ease of evil content :mad::thmbup1: Its always the best to enjoy the game after you beaten it. Now I want to make all the sith lords know my Ultimate Wrath. But unlikely for me I can't seem to find the files to this game to put Add EnableCheats=1 to it?

So if anyone can help I would be most thankful. :thmbup1:

Alright I'm just a new member of this website, But I'm having a little problem with the Dir Edit swkotor.ini.

Well, I am not a Steam player, so I wonder, does the game install completely on the home user's PC? If so, it should be where you would normally find it... in the folder C:\ProgramFiles\Lucasarts\swkotor... Have you used the search function of your PC to look for "swkotor.ini"? If that produces no results, then I am not sure what to tell you.

The rest of your post is very confusing - I am guessing english is not your first language, but the translation is difficult to follow - no offense :)

Well, I am not a Steam player, so I wonder, does the game install completely on the home user's PC? If so, it should be where you would normally find it... in the folder C:\ProgramFiles\Lucasarts\swkotor... Have you used the search function of your PC to look for "swkotor.ini"? If that produces no results, then I am not sure what to tell you.

The rest of your post is very confusing - I am guessing english is not your first language, but the translation is difficult to follow - no offense :)

No That's alright, and yeah I'm from South Korea, I was mostly Adopted to America. So English is very hard to say or type. But for my spelling is advanced. If you see some words put together. It could be I was in a Hurry to kill this damn Rancor. =.= Finally understood around the time.. I haven't played this game for along time. So remembering how to beat it, might be a difficult thing for me.:eek:

No That's alright, and yeah I'm from South Korea, I was mostly Adopted to America. So English is very hard to say or type. But for my spelling is advanced. If you see some words put together. It could be I was in a Hurry to kill this damn Rancor. =.= Finally understood around the time.. I haven't played this game for along time. So remembering how to beat it, might be a difficult thing for me.:eek:

Ok :) Hope that I helped you a little, and I like Force Stun/Stasis vs Rancors!

A word about the ".ini" file, it may reqiure you to get an ".ini editor" specifically for the purpose of editing this file if you have vista. Most of these editors are ones you have to buy, but they usually give you a free trial period. XP came with necessary programs and extensions to be able to edit these freely, but that seems to have not worked out for vista.

Admittedly I have KOTOR on CD-ROM and not from Steam. But the setup ought to be similar enough, or so I would think. *shrugs*

I recommend you separate/copy my post from this thread and make it a sticky, because I swear to god I've seen like 10 different threads about this.

So you want to find the KOTOR files if you bought it through steam? Heres what you do.

Find where you installed steam. (ie. C:\Program Files\Steam\)

Open the SteamApps folder, then open the commons folder. In there, you will find all the non-VALVe games (excepting the L4D series) you have bought through steam. In there you should find your KOTOR folder. In there, it should have the regular hierarchy that a CD install would give you. The .ini file should be in the main folder, where you can easily edit it.

I Like The Idea TriggerGod. But still I followed what you said and when I got to the Kotor folder. I did not see the CD Install? Probably because I don't know what it looks like? Which folder is it? Is it a patch? Or a Update I'm kinda clueless right now. T^T

By CD Install I meant that the folder structure in the KOTOR folder for Steam would look the same as the KOTOR folder for if you installed it via CD. To install the game, just open up Steam, and if its greyed out, then right click and press install game.

Archived