Home

Antibody Discovered for 91% of HIV Strains

Achilles

Link to full story

Teaser:

U.S. government scientists have discovered three powerful antibodies, the strongest of which neutralizes 91% of HIV strains, more than any AIDS antibody yet discovered.

Looking closely at the strongest antibody, they have detailed exactly what part of the virus it targets and how it attacks that site. Together with recent research into how to make animals produce antibodies, the new findings constitute a significant step toward an AIDS vaccine.

Emphasis added.

Fingers crossed.

Well I'll be damned. The fact we've come anywhere near this far is phenomenal.

Here's more as to its ultimate hopes:

"We want to go after a universal vaccine" by using the new technique to find antibodies to a "component of the influenza virus that doesn't change," said NIAID director Anthony Fauci. In principle, Dr. Fauci said, the technique could be used for any viral disease and possibly even for cancer vaccines.

Seems a bit optimistic IMO. But still, if this breakthrough really is as fundamental as it sounds (I'm no medical expert) it can only be a good thing.

The next thing is resolving complex brain chemistry imbalance issues.

• 1 year later...

Pretty sure they've had the antibody/vaccine for years, I don't believe for one second the medical industry wouldn't exploit people out of their money for profit at any given chance.

The reason why this came out now is probably because they knew it was going to get out somehow someday and decided to minimize the negative tidal wave which will hit them in some years when It's discovered they had it long before the official word.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was the same with cancer.

[/tinfoil]

Archived