Home

Corto reporting here.

The_Corto

I felt nostalgic and I decided to check in with the current DF Mod team. I don't know if anybody remembers me, but I worked as a modeler at the DF Mod mainly, but I also worked together with Wudan and ASk to develop an animations SDK and workflow for Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy.

Maybe I can get a little insight on the current progress of this mod and see if I can help with a little advice or something else. Anyway, hi everyone, I hope I hear from someone from the new team soon.

Currently Darkstarmojo is in charge of the DFmod. I'd say contact him and see where he needs help. Shamus was working on the DF2 mod but no one has been able to get a hold of him. Ibanez and Omnisu are working on a few of the JK levels though. Myself and Exonimus are leading the MOTS mod. So there are a few new faces still pressing on.

I don't know who's in charge here, the four month old news update on the main page implies that it may be someone called DarkStarMojo, who I see you've contacted.

I believe that the team does need help, as I think they have only two or three people working on the project. In fact at this point I think the size of the Dark Forces mod and the Jedi Knight mod teams combined is at most five. (I don't think that number would go up too much if we added the MotS mod into the mix.) Of those, I think most are mappers.

I don't know if they have any modelers at all. So I'd guess that they do need help, but exactly what help they need or how you get their attention to offer it is something I don't know.

-

[Added:] Did it really take me more than 18 minutes to write this post? Anyway, hhunter6 clearly has a lot more information than I do.

Don't I know how to get their attention. After all I modeled the Dark Trooper phase 1 and I still have the phase 2 work in progress. I'm also working on a new skeleton rig for the humanoid models with IK and FK and control objects, much like Valve's rig but for Jedi Academy. But that's mostly going to benefit the whole modding community.

You can just PM Darkstarmojo on the forums here. I will send him an email as well letting him know you are around. I do know that we need the DT phase 2 and 3. I have asked around a few times to see if anyone could model it. but no results thus far. Would you want to finish the phase 2?

Yes, I just finished modeling a bith musician last night, just for fun and because I think the cantina band will fit on, at least, one of the DF mod levels. I have to clean up some stuff and finish the model, but the phase 2 dark trooper is no big deal.

Archived