Home

Planet Hoth Addition Idea for Kotor 1

bryzz

Ok so I had an idea for an addition mod. I was reading in the forums somewhere that what people wanted was for there to be more of the game – something about it not being finished – I have come up with what I think is a good story idea to add a new planet

First off I would like to start by showing an outline of how the storyline goes in the beginning:

1 – You will encounter a Mandalorian on Dantooine – I have not decided where but you will be able to talk to him: he will talk down to you about the Jedi and the Republic and even the Sith – he will hint to you about the Mandalorians making a comeback and how they will fight the Sith and the Republic at the same time and then end up ruling the galaxy – you get confused (you thought the Mandalorians were scattered from the loss in the Mandalore Wars)and start asking questions – most of the questions he will not answer but he will answer one or two – he mentions a secret base

2 – You will encounter a Mandalorian on Kashyyyk –I have not decided where but he is there to get slave workers for the secret base that you heard about before – you listen in on his conversation and find out where his ship is – then you can sneak onto his ship and go to the secret base (you will be alone when you go)

3 – the secret base is on Hoth where they have excavated a large Rakatan City / Temple – on the ship you must find a Mandalorian who is alone and kill him to get his armor (this is a disguise so they don’t know you just found a way to their secret base) – at this time you can only go in the first module and talk to some Mandalorians – you find out that you are on Hoth and you can then get back on the ship find the ships computer and get the coordinates to the planet – this way you can come back in the ebon hawk and have your party with you – the ebon hawk landing platform is different then the slave ship one

That’s the beginning – don’t worry I have a way for you to get two more Mandalorian armor pieces when you come back that way you can still have the disguise when you return - if all the members of the party don’t have Mandalorian armor on you will not be able to leave the landing module

(Zalbaar is the exception to this – he is disguised already – lol – he looks like a Wookie slave)

So far I have drawn an overview picture but it still needs to be scanned to my computer

If there are people who like this idea and others who will help work on it - I will start by drawing more pictures and I will start a W.I.P. thread with some stuff focused on the Mandalorians you meet on Dantooine and Kashyyyk

Comments and ideas would be great

And can a existing module model can be edited? Because i'm not sure the sandcrawler will look fine in Hoth

lol, true...but you can hex edit the module so that you can place in another skin on the crawler and make it look like a large piece of ice, then add some placable that are ice and it should cover it up a bit.

Yes, that could look fine, and the sort of pics, where you change of module would for sure look better in hoth than tatooine x)

And Is it impossible to edit an existing module? Because I have never heard of it, but I have never hear it wasn't possible, for example as I know, the character models, can't be edited a lot, but weapons, masks, etc can, so have anybody tried?

ok tatooine it is

first module you are in that needs to look different is the slave ship (the endarspire should be ok, right?) - anyone want to reskin it to make it look mandalorian?

second is the tatooine landing area - one question - how do you get it to look like the mandalorians just landed? - especially if the hawk is part of the module model

edit:

never mind the endar spire texture i will do it i am thinking about just changing the color from red to blue unless someone can come up with another idea - or even better more ideas as to what i can do to change it after the color change - i feel like adding Mandalorian symbols would make it look unrealistic unless i can make it so there is only one or two on the whole ship

and about the landing area - originally i wanted two landing areas one for the slave ship and another for when you return in the hawk (Tatooine is great for the slave ship but for the ebon hawk i was thinking if someone was willing to model an area i thought that landing inside a cave would be cool - something similar to where the falcon is in the empire stricks back but with a Rakatan twist to it)

Archived