Home

Modding Idea: KOTOR: Return to Taris & Dantooine, and the search for survivors

Darth_Calo

Would it be possible to add Taris and Dantooine back in as planets post Dantooine (for Taris), and post Leviathan (for Dantooine), and a "Search for Survivors" quest on each world (aptly named "The Search for Survivors-Taris" and "The Search for Survivors-Dantooine"? For Taris, you would land in the former Estate of Davik Kang, head to the Lower City (assuming the Upper City is gone/unwalkable/everyone is dead, although it could be put in there ) and search for survivors in the lower & under city. in this scenario, and surviving Sith would be non-hostile, with LS/DS choices to rescue (DS) or slay (LS) them (killing them is LS because they're evil--so killing them further's the Jedi's goals). For Dantooine, you would land in the damaged Enclave and would have to search the plains for the Jedi Masters. Each one could then be rescued (big LS Points) or Killed (big DS Points)

If any of this could be done, and someone would be willing to do it/give assistance (as I am highly inexperienced) a PM would be appreciated.

It's a cool idea w/out a doubt, but as logan and the others said, it would require a hefty amount of editing of the modules to do. But if you've got the time and you can do it. Go for it ! =)

and surviving Sith would be non-hostile, with LS/DS choices to rescue (DS) or slay (LS) them (killing them is LS because they're evil--so killing them further's the Jedi's goals).

That's the only problem I have with this, because the Jedi do not believe in killing a prisoner or killing someone who is not hostile, instead they would try to convert them. So it should be the other way around.

I've got ideas for the storyline, but I am not skilled in any form of modeling (the closest I have come was creating a STAR WARS opening text in Cinema 4D.

Since this has been well recieved, I am now starting up a modding team to work on this.

Consider this an open casting call to any modders that are skilled with modeling, scripting, and the other things required in this hefty project.

Anyone wishing to join this team please PM me.

And new ideas are certainly welcome

as for the LS/DS issue for killing the Sith on Taris-point taken. this whole thing is in the opening stages anyway. Maybe the Party-goers are found and convinced to join up? they certainly took a liking to Revan, anyway. And for Dantooine, since the ebon hawk's landing area is in the enclave anyway, it'd need to remain there, but you could find the survivors in the Matale/Sandral Estates (I always wondered what happened to Nurik Sandral if he was spared), and with the Sandral Estate's modules there, the same ones could be re-used for the Matale Estate.

To the first reply: Of course I was not suggesting using the module from K2 in this mod. I was merely suggesting a side quest where Revan returned to the ruins before the Exile made her way there.

ideas so far:

New modules for Taris Ruins (perhaps add rubble placeables and fire, etc, and reskin it somewhat)

New modules for Dantooine: ruined Enclave (reskinned, fire/rubble added)

New Planets (kinda): Dantooine post Leviathan, Taris Post-Leviathan

Two new quests: The Search for Survivors for both Taris and Dantooine (one for each). You go to Dantooine first, and find a datapad from a person who perished in the attack leading you to return to

new party member: Sith Defector, replaces Juhani (as she's unpopular anyway) (found on Taris, amongst ruins of their Military base, you need to heal him and convince him to defect; if you fail the persuasion check he attacks and you need to kill him, making him a party member you only get by chance. he'll still be a 'Dark-Side' alligned Character, and his name is revealed through dialog; upon joining you it changes to the proper name (like Canderous Ordo becoming simply Canderous, Carth Onasi becoming simply Carth, etc) note-name suggestions are welcome, and I will be more than willing to name him/her after the person who does the voice over work for him/her

New Weapon(s)?: Ideas welcome

This is obviously a massive undertaking. If I get enough people on board, parts, or even all of this will come to fruition. otherwise, any/all ideas I come up with are in the public domain, with no credit to me being necessary (but a mention would be appreciated :)

I would say start small and basic on what need to be done.

I say reuse the dantoonie module and add rubble and fire, dead bodies, etc....

I would also keep ot to the module right outside the enclave, and the areas inside the enclave. The other areas around the enclave i would leave till you released this version.

As for Taris I would say keep it to one or 2 modules. The bigger the mod the harder and longer to finish....

When i think of a mod like this i think that the purpose is the wanting to try to save any survivors form the enclave and an to remind the PC of the horror of the sith attack and also recognize that you Revan are partially responsible for these events....your attack on the Republic has led to blood shed even though it was Malak who ordered the attack...it was your Sith forces originally....

you can even have the Pc mention how this reminds him of Cathar.....and how the Mandalorians killed the Cathars...and the Pc/Revan could come to terms that this must be stopped....etc

Start with a easy simple basic build then once thats ready for beta testing then you can look at expanding it...

Also a note on creating a team...this mod will most liekly have to be done by you...unless you get another to take part ownership, if someone does...again keep it simple.....

Good luck..its a cool idea and completly doable if you stick to mostly existing modules

I suppose the most difficult part may be making Dantooine selectable again in the Galaxy Map. Like Peragus in K2, its almost as if you were meant to be able to return: the planet is still there, where as Taris is missing; after it was made selectable again, it would be a matter of reskinning the enclave to look delapatated. Alternatively, reskin the Tatooine Docking bay to look...grassy, and use that as a previously unused "Docking" area. that way the "Dantooine Arrival" cutscene could be used.

on a somewhat unrelated note to this mod, is it possible to create a script for Jolee on the Unknown World Temple where after you get him to, say, about 1/4th HP he surrenders a la Obi-Wan Kenobi and allows you to make him "one with the force"?

back to business: to start off with I'm thinking only Dantooine would be included, and the 7 modules (Enclave area, matale grounds, grove, and Sandral grounds, as well as inside each estate and a docking area ) would be included with a Jedi in each one to be killed, or rescued from the Dark Jedi and Sith Soldiers that overran the planet. If killed, large Dark Side bonus is earned, as well as a special hilt and/or robe (two of each) can be acquired; if rescued, they will be given LS points as well as the same robe or hilt obtainable by killing them.

to any interested modders: I will supply general story ideas, and if you aid me in this significant undertaking, you will be given significant credit in any places it is uploaded, as well as rights to post it where you wish, and priority on beta testing.

Archived