Home

Crashing during loading

Ukvayat

Sorry if this is a repeat thread, I've looked but without a search function it takes forever.

I'm running a Win 7 64-bit machine. I've read up that often a major error is the OpenGL drivers but I don't know if that is my issue.

I installed the game just fine. But the issue is when I try to load up single player (and multiplayer) they both make it past the initialization with the yellow text and then load the light grey square that is loads into the video. Right after the grey background comes up I get "jkIIsp.exe has stopped responding." I've also tried compatability modes to no advail.

If anyone needs more info, I can provide it. I'd just love a solution so I can get to playing again :D.

Thanks!

That makes me happy to know I'm not the only one. I was messing with the compatibility tester and that doesn't work at all because it doesn't recognize any of the pk3 files when it tests it.

Right now I'm downloading Virtual PC (which is free with legitimate copies of Win7) to see if that can help me out.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

So I played around with the virtual machine and it didn't work. The issue is the fact that XP mode only recognizes a very low key virtual graphics card that was on computers only 15 years ago rather than my Crossfired ATI Radeon HD 5770s. So while it may work with Yoda Stories (which I believe workes with Win7 anyways) it won't work with JKII.

The search continues.

Download the Catalyst Drivers 10.4, run it but don't install anything, just locate the file atioglxx.dl_ and copy it to C:\. Once there, open a command console, go to the C:\ and execute "expand atioglxx.dl_ atioglxx.dll". Now move that .dll file to the same folder where jk2 executable is located.

Cancel de drivers installation and delete the temp files. That should run jk2. At least up until the first level starts, since I get another error there.

I believe that we have tricked JKII into believing that there is a 3D card but when it tries to draw on those resources - they technically haven't been allocated by XP mode so JKII can't pull them for the use in the graphical context.

Not for sure, but if this is true we have hit another dead end.

• 5 months later...

Yes , I have an ATI video card and I am running it as administrator ( You mean CUSTOM - For advanced users and system administrators only . You can customize all available Setup options ? ) And I choosed winxp service pack 3 compatibility mode but it does not works ... I really do not know what to do . But it is really best game !

OK I download Catalist 10.4 windows 7 32-bit , install it and then find that atioglxx.dll_ file , I copy that to GameData folder which is located for me in C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast but I can not understand the next step ... I can not find that aitifix.bat file anywhere ... Thanks fot help

you have to create the atifix.bat file. do so like this, 1) open notepad, 2) put down the line 'expand atioglxx.dl_ atioglxx.dll' without the quotes, 3) save this file as atifix.bat in your Gamedata Folder, 4) double click atifix.bat

you may need to run the .bat with admin privileges, i don't recall offhand.

further, you have to save the atifix.bat you create in the same folder as you pasted the atioglxx.dl_ file into.

I pasted atioglxx.dll_ file on C:/LucasArts/Star Wars JK2 Jedi outcast/GameData -is it right ? So I have to paste that atifix.bat folder ( I have opened the notepad , and then copy this expand atioglxx.dl_ atioglxx.dll into that , save changes and copy that into C:/LucasArts/Star Wars JK2 Jedi outcast/GameData

In the next step is run atifix.bat , but How I can run it ? When I get double click it just open notepad where is writed : expand atioglxx.dl_ atioglxx.dll

What to do with that ?

Thanks for help...

• 5 months later...

Archived