Home

Guess which video game this is

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
a Back to the Future GTA: San Andreas mod? Or just a SA mod?

Close but the game is off... And the additional skin mod makes an otherwise white guy look black. (Admittedly some of SA's ground and scenery have also been duplicated and added in this mod to give that "California state" feel of hill valley and hilldale of BTTF)

Or just the regular SA game?

Regular unmodded game with a Delorian in it...please tell me you're joking. :p

GTA: SW City? :p

...Smartass. :smirk2:

• 2 months later...

Nope, this game was originally for the Commodore 64, and only later got ported to Atari. Early 80's.

And while I'm at the whole hinting thing, it also proves a statement made by someone else in this thread to be completely and utterly false.

And, if one prefers a more round-about, enigmatic way of getting answers, here is the game's name: DMCFMT VEFIYF KTWWADTIRQM

• 1 month later...

Either people have lost interest, or have just given up on my game. Just in case it is the latter, since I don't want to be a thread murderer, here are some more, more obvious, hints.

When I said that there was a more enigmatic way of getting the answers, and that the game's name was "DMCFMT VEFIYF KTWWADTIRQM", I was hinting that I had used the Enigma cipher to obscure it. Go ahead and learn how to crack the Enigma if you want (or cheat and find some program to do it, but you're missing out on learning some cool cryptanalysis history and methods).

If you want to guess the normal way, the fact that I chose the Enigma is a hint about the nature of the game. Also, the person whose earlier claim in this thread is proven false by this game is none other than our friend Sabretooth. It is also the second game in its series.

I figure anyone who makes an effort can figure it out now, so if no one gets it, the thread died due to lack of interest. So these will be the last hints.

Well gosh darn-it LB! I'd really hate to see this thread die, on a account of you. So I'm gonna do you a favor and take a crack at it.

Drum roll please!

:band1

*ahem*

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Beyond Castle Wolfenstein

Well gosh darn-it LB! I'd really hate to see this thread die, on a account of you. So I'm gonna do you a favor and take a crack at it.

Drum roll please!

:band1

*ahem*

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Beyond Castle Wolfenstein

Well done.

winner_2.png

^^Woo Hoo! :3pdance: I'm a winner! (But seriously though, I'll bet your glad somebody finally got it. :))

Okay, this should be an easy one and it's obviously Star Wars. One of my all time favorite strategy space war games. Surely one of you SW fans played this game once upon a time.

picture.php?albumid=434&pictureid=8037

Archived