Home

MPC Gamers

Rinku

Mpcgamers.com is hosting a SWBF tournament on July 17, 2010 at 3PM EST (that's 2PM CST, 1PM MST, Noon PST, 8PM GMT) via Direct Connection (as stated below).

Here is Jedikiller's post quoted straight from MPC. (Yes he is the guy that reviews swbf stuff on filefront)

So, it's that time of the year again... time for another tournament!

Tourney2Advert.png

This tournament is a little different than the last one- I went through the map archive and chose some of the maps that I had never played before or heard anyone play before. Along with some self promotion, I feel that the maps for this tournament are pretty well chosen, and I think that this tournament will be pretty fun, and hopefully full up with people.

So here's how it's going to go. This tournament is going to be scoring-based. Therefore, you will be graded on your performance and the player who does the best will be given the crown of "best player in the tournament". Teamkill will be off, so you can be more indiscriminate with your shootings. CPs are capturable.

Scoring works like this:

Kill = 1 point

Death = -.5 point

CP = 1.5 point (up to 4 CPs will be counted per match to make the tournament more kill focused)

Moving on to the essential information (click the map codes to download them):

Date: July 17th, 2010

Time: 3PM EST (that's 2PM CST, 1PM MST, Noon PST, 8PM GMT)

Maps: Eddie's Kastel (edk9)

Tranquan: Tech Centre (cto)

Clone Wars Space Map (CWSM)

Onderon: Dxun Moon (Neg2)

Tatooine: Jabba's Palace (tat3) (Buffer Map)

Location: Jedikiller's DC (IP will be released on the day before, Burning Sun if you ask me for the IP I will be very angry)

For Sharing: Use this link to direct people to this topic! Post it everywhere you can - we want this server to be full! Link: http://bit.ly/mpc-t2

I hope to see a full server and lots of killing being done! :p

If you don't know how to install mod maps here is are a two tutorials:

PC:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpZExEVAYP

Basically you drag the map folder (shorter abbreviated folder; it has an addme.script in it) to C:/>Program iles>Lucasarts>Star Wars Battlefront>Addon.

Mac:

Right click (or control click) your Star Wars Battlefront app -> Select "Show Package Contents" -> Click Content -> Click Resources -> Addon and place the map folder (shorter abbreviated folder; it has an addme.script in it) in it.

Some other notes:

Make sure that you don't not have any side mods installed or else you will not be able to play.

It is recommended that you just have those maps in you addon folder.

Additionally (if you don't already do this) you might want to set your graphics options to low before you go online.

Archived