Home

A potential developer!

shukkoku

I was checking http://www.battlefront3.net/ and some interesting new was made apparent, a developer named "Spark Unlimited" has an unnamed project for a high profile science fiction franchise. What do you guys think of the studio? are they worthy of the third installment or could they botch the project. Seeing their past games I wouldn't be surprised if it was a dud.

I think that Spark Unlimited is better than nothing and at least they have a little experience with next gen consoles. And what if all they're doing is finishing the Free Radical project, that would be great, I can't imagine them screwing THAT up.

Yeah, but you notice that nobody was happy about the idea of Rebellion making SWBF3, either. The point isn't whether or not there's a chance of devs with a bad reputation spewing out a good game. The point is that we'd rather not even take that chance.

Remember, the Free Radical project got passed to Rebellion, who gave us Elite Squadron. Apparently, there is a way to mess it up; I don't think that the FR project exists anymore.

This could be a beacon of hope or a sign of disaster. Spark Unlimited's previous games have been medicore, shooters with great ideas. They are a studio that is trying to get into the shooter genre by doing something special, they just haven't nailed yet. Now the disaster comes, if they try a cool, but new and risky approach to SWBF3, they might mess up as they did in Turning Point(good game with a lot of problems because of story plot-lines and glitchy enviroments, plus some bad map design because of the new mechanics. Legendary mostly also failed in getting this mechanics to work right. But it was largely better than Turning Point though it was bashed around by critics much more (2.5 by IGN, and 3.5 by Gamespot). Personally, I think that, if they are even making our beloved game, we have a 75%-25% in good-bad ratio. They have made two game with special mechanics that they have want to implement to spice up the gaming experience, but they have yet to perfect those mechanics. From these two games, I'd say they like using those mechanics, so they will most likely put them into the next game they make as well. Now we hope A. That someone is developing it. B. If it is Spark, hope they have their gameplay mechanics right this time.

Archived