Home

KOTOR 1 wont install/uninstall and now Graphical glitches...

polo3400

hey , this is my first post so if it in the wrong place please tell me.

ok, i am runing windows 7 64 bit with a 32" tv screen. it has 4gb ram and plenty of hdd space and is easily capable of running this game.

i installed kotor 1 and decided i did not wont to do the taris mission ( i had previously done it before anyway ) because it is too long, so i installed a mod to skip it. everything was great until i walked outside on dantouine. There were random streaks in the air and i tried everything to fix it but i gave up and unintalled the game.

today i was planning to give it another shot but tried to install kotor 1 and it sent me to the uninstaller -_- . i ran ccleaner as man people said but nothing happened. i went into regedit but had no luck.

Can anyone help me i am in desprite need of playing it, but my pc wont let meeee.

Couple of things, have you run a search for swkotor.exe, I seem to recall that in Vista, it stored the game in two locations for some reason, perhaps it's only un-installed it in one...

Have you checked this thread Click Me - it has lots of instructions for getting the game working.

Finally instead of using a mod you could just use these saved games (click me) and KotOR Saved Game Editor (click me) to get the charachter you want...

i have had a good look at the read me file and still nothing to help me with my problem :( i am really stumped. even if i got rid of it completley and re installed i that would be fine

Did you read this thread - http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=194324 ??

The other thing you could try is one of the following software uninstallers, read reviews and decide which one you want to try - http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-program-un-installer.htm#VS%20Group

the uninstaller worked! im installing it now thanks alot man!!!!!

i still need to fix those streaky lines though

Follow the install instructions for the above thread and you should be find, streaky lines sounds like a Graphics Card issue, rather than anything else, you could try turning grass and some of the effects off and see if that helps.

Follow the install instructions for the above thread and you should be find, streaky lines sounds like a Graphics Card issue, rather than anything else, you could try turning grass and some of the effects off and see if that helps.

i did everything that it says but it ended up being very laggy however i reverted the swkotor.exe and its much better, i have still got these streaky lines though, im using an intel express something and other. i did however use the mod ( couldn't be bothered to use the saves ). is there anything i could tweak to remove the streaks?

i have an intel express something and other and when on the mission dantoine

there are lots of random streaky lines everywere and causes the game to lag... ALOT. This has never happened in any other missions. i did use the super skip taris mod because its too long and i have done it before anyway.

does anybody know any tweaks i could do to the game and/or my graphics card to fix this?

much appreciated in advance :thmbup1:

<Snipped for brevity>

Firstly, we're going to get along ALOT better if you read the stickies in this forum, believe it or not your not the first person to have problems when trying to play KotOR and the stickies here exist for a reason ;)

First read this thread; Click Me and when you have done so post your system specs in this thread. Next read this thread; Click Me.

Without having posted your system specs there is little we can do to help you...

ok dude thanks for straitening me out lol

actual pc specs -

os - windows 7 home premium 64 bit

ram - 4gb

GHz - 2.60

Graphics card - intel G41 Express Chipset

Current display mode - 1152 x 864 ( 60hz )

[sWKotOR]

ReportDateTime=18/07/2010 06:04:26 PM

SysInfoVersion=v1.00.60

GameExists=1

GameVersion=v1.03.514077

GameInstallLocation=H:\Star wars Knights of the old republic\

[OS]

Name=WinXP

Version=Windows XP v5.1 build 2600 Service Pack 2

Service Pack=Service Pack 2

Status=Pass

[swapFiles]

?:\pagefile.sys=0

[CPU]

CPUCount=1

CPUSpeed=2593

CPUFamily=6

CPUModel=7

CPUStepping=10

CPUVendor=Intel

CPUName=Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60GHz

Status=Pass

[Memory]

RAM=1024

Status=Pass

[Disk Free Space]

C: (NTFS), UNICODE=206.97GB

D: (NTFS), UNICODE=2.36GB

H: (NTFS), UNICODE=861.49GB

Status=Pass

[CD-ROMs]

DriveLetters=E:\,F:\

Drives=hp DVD-RAM GH40L ATA Device

[Video]

Video Card Name=RDPDD Chained DD

Video Memory=2048

Desktop Resolution=1152x864x32 @ 60Hz

DirectX=DirectX (9.0+) (4.09.00.0904)

OpenGL Version=2.1.0 - Build 8.15.10.1892

OpenGL Vendor=Intel

OpenGL Renderer=Intel® G41 Express Chipset

Vid Card Status=Warning

Vid Card Driver Status=Pass

GL Status=Pass

DX Status=Pass

[Audio]

Sound Card Name=@wdma_usb.inf,%usb\class_01.devicedesc%;USB Audio Device

Status=Pass

;Game Options from swkotor.ini

[sound Options]

Sound Init=0

Music Volume=85

Voiceover Volume=85

Sound Effects Volume=85

Movie Volume=100

Force Software=0

EAX=0

Disable Sound=0

Number 3D Voices=16

Number 2D Voices=24

Environment Effects Level=0.60

2D3D Bias=1.50

Environment Effects=1

Environment Effects Nonstreaming=1

Environment Effects Streaming=1

[Game Options]

GUIsInScreenShot=1

EnableScreenShot=0

Reverse Mouse Buttons=0

Hide InGame GUI=0

Use Small Fonts=0

Keyboard Camera Deceleration=2000.000000

Keyboard Camera Acceleration=500.000000

Keyboard Camera DPS=200.000000

Hide Unequippable=0

Tutorial Popups=1

Subtitles=1

Mini Map=1

Floating Numbers=1

Status Summary=1

Enable Mouse Teleporting To Buttons=1

Mouse Sensitivity=33

Auto Level Up NPCs=0

Mouse Look=0

AutoSave=1

Reverse Minigame YAxis=0

Combat Movement=1

Enable Tooltips=1

Difficulty Level=1

TooltipDelay Sec=1.000000

Memory Access=1

Memory Level=1

Disable Movies=0

[Movies Shown]

Movie 0=16

Movie 1=44

Movie 2=0

Movie 3=0

Movie 4=6

Movie 5=0

Movie 6=0

Movie 7=0

Movie 8=0

Movie 9=0

Movie10=0

[Alias]

HD0=.\

OVERRIDE=.\Override

TEMP=.\Temp

MODULES=.\Modules

LOGS=.\Logs

LOCALVAULT=.\LocalVault

DMVAULT=.\DMVault

SERVERVAULT=.\ServerVault

STREAMMUSIC=.\StreamMusic

TEMPCLIENT=.\Tempclient

SAVES=.\saves

CURRENTGAME=.\currentgame

TEXTUREPACKS=.\texturepacks

STREAMWAVES=.\StreamWaves

[Graphics Options]

V-Sync=1

Anisotropy=1

Frame Buffer=0

Anti Aliasing=0

Texture Quality=1

Emitters=1

Grass=0

Soft Shadows=0

Shadows=0

Brightness=57

EnableHardwareMouse=1

FullScreen=1

RefreshRate=60

Width=1280

Height=960

[Autopause Options]

Mine Sighted=1

End Of Combat Round=0

Enemy Sighted=1

Party Killed=1

Action Menu=0

New Target Selected=1

[config]

firstrun=0

[Keymapping]

Action286B=8

Action286A=7

Action285B=10

Action285A=9

Action284B=54

Action284A=51

Action283B=54

Action283A=51

Action282B=69

Action282A=73

Action281B=53

Action281A=76

Action280B=69

Action280A=73

Action265=52

Action264=57

Action263=43

Action262=85

Action261=84

Action260=83

Action259=82

Action258=81

Action257=80

Action256=79

Action255=78

Action254=77

Action253=31

Action245=75

Action244=55

Action243=67

Action242=74

Action241=87

Action240=56

Action239=68

Action238=82

Action236=83

Action234=81

Action232=80

Action230=79

Action228=78

Action226=77

Action225=70

Action224=90

Action223=31

Action222=25

Action221=24

Action220=29

Action219=28

Action218=42

Action217=87

Action216=65

Action215=63

Action214=62

Action213=60

Action212=61

Action211=66

Action210=59

Action209=71

Action208=89

Action207=72

Action206=30

Action205=55

Action204=67

Hmmm,

Well the first thing is that it is a graphic problem... In your specs it says...

Vid Card Status=Warning

Can't quite work out if your graphics meets the game requirements or not... Evil Q, I'm sure will be around with some help suggestions too :)

First thing you can try if you haven't is this...

1. Restart your computer. If you start running into problems after a long period of time on the game, then simply restarting your computer will usually fix it. If not, then post.

2. Download the latest video drivers. You would be surprise on how easily this solves most problems with starting up the game. If you can't run the game past the main menu, chances are this is all you need to do. Links for nVidia users here. Links for ATI users can be found here.

3. Lower your graphics settings. Things like Antistropic Filtering and Antialiasing can sometimes have an adverse effect not only on performance, but also in how the game runs. If you have an older card (Geforce 4 or older; Radeon 9200 and below), I recommend that you disable Soft Shadows, Antistropic Filtering, Antialiasing, and Frame Buffer Effects. I also recommend that you run the game at either 800x600 or 1074x728 resolution. If you still have problems, then post.

Aslo try this thread Click Me

OK ive now done this and the streaky lines have gone ( sigh of relief ), however the gameplay experience is horrible. Everything is extremely laggy and slow and is just not playable, and the video - OMG its unwatchable. My system is easily capable as it can run high end games like star trek online, red alert 3, and flight simulator x on the highest settings easily, Got any ideas on what to do?

OK ive now done this and the streaky lines have gone ( sigh of relief ), however the gameplay experience is horrible. Everything is extremely laggy and slow and is just not playable, and the video - OMG its unwatchable. My system is easily capable as it can run high end games like star trek online, red alert 3, and flight simulator x on the highest settings easily, Got any ideas on what to do?

What fixed the streaky lines? Have you tryed toying with the graphic options before starting the game, and then in game such as turning shadow and grass off?

OK, if you're using Windows 7 you're going to want to reinstall the game following the large-print instructions at the top of the second post in this thread. There are specific instructions there for Intel GPUs. Follow all of the instructions carefully and in the proper order and the game should run fine.

What fixed the streaky lines? Have you tryed toying with the graphic options before starting the game, and then in game such as turning shadow and grass off?

im not entirely sure i just messed around with the graphics options but the game is extremly laggy, im also using a program called ram booster, and i had grass and shadow turned off anyway

OK, if you're using Windows 7 you're going to want to reinstall the game following the large-print instructions at the top of the second post in this thread. There are specific instructions there for Intel GPUs. Follow all of the instructions carefully and in the proper order and the game should run fine.

how would this help? and if i did do i have to erase the save games?

EDIT ---------------------

I have done everything the large print says and everything is now perfect! i do remember doing this before but it failed, lucky it worked this time :)

That post is a work in progress, and I'm still finding new stuff to add to it on a daily basis, so it's very possible that, one way or another, something got missed the first time around.

Glad you got it working. :)

Archived