Home

Petition to remove 30fps lock - PC Star Wars the Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edit

For the love of God please remove the senseless 30fps lock on Star Wars the Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition PC!

Devs you have totally ruined my enjoyment of this game...

Why would you deliberately hamstring a potentially enjoyable gameplay experience????

I wanted to throw this game out the window when I realised that it was locked at 30fps.

Fellow PC gamers, if you feel as I do and want this 30fps lock removed post in this thread!

Actually there is a significant difference... We have different opinions, clearly.

I still don't get why the Devs would even do this in the first place???

Customers should have the option to turn it on or off.

2 very large patches later and this fps lock still exists... :mad:

Inyri has a point. My eyes are pretty good at noticing detail (or lack thereof, in some cases), and when I first played USE, I couldn't really tell the difference (except for a slight difference of smoothness, so slight I couldn't tell until I was at the end of the game after a 12 hour l4d2 marathon) between framerate for this game and framerate for my other games, like L4D2 (which caps at 60), Modern Warfare 2 (caps at 60 for multiplayer, goes well above 100 in some scenes in single player), or Half Life 2 (which I have seen go upwards past 300 FPS)

If the devs wanted to fix it they could, its a single variable in an XML file (looked at extracted content). Unfortunately an end user has zero power to change this, because there is no known way to repackage content :mad:.

The two patches were actually pretty minor, just a few bug fixes, the size was only huge because they had to replace half the package files.

• 2 weeks later...
Inyri has a point. My eyes are pretty good at noticing detail (or lack thereof, in some cases), and when I first played USE, I couldn't really tell the difference (except for a slight difference of smoothness, so slight I couldn't tell until I was at the end of the game after a 12 hour l4d2 marathon) between framerate for this game and framerate for my other games, like L4D2 (which caps at 60), Modern Warfare 2 (caps at 60 for multiplayer, goes well above 100 in some scenes in single player), or Half Life 2 (which I have seen go upwards past 300 FPS)

No dude, you're eyes are not very perceptive at all if you can not tell a SUBSTANTIAL difference between 30 fps and 60fps.

It's like day & night. I hate how people assume that we're just being picky because THEY don't notice a difference. Why would we lie about it? Like, what do I have to gain by lying to random people on a game forum? We really do notice a huge difference.

Now personally, while I do notice an enormous difference between 30 and 60 fps, I don't notice much of a difference above 60 fps, but I have friends who do, and I don't disrespect them and accuse them of being liars, I can accept that their eyes are different and they really do notice the difference between something like 60 and 90 fps. People are different, maybe your eyes aren't as perceptive as mine, but maybe you have better hearing or make up for it some other way, it doesn't mean there is something wrong with you, people are just different.

People are different, maybe your eyes aren't as perceptive as mine, but maybe you have better hearing or make up for it some other way, it doesn't mean there is something wrong with you, people are just different.
So... you're basically saying because he can't tell a difference that he has poor eyesight? Thirty FPS is seriously not so bad. Maybe you should gain perspective rather than perceptiveness. I've played games successfully at 10fps (and less) without complaint. I don't think it's worth an entire petition (which, by the way, will have no effect on the game because petitions on gaming forums mean nothing) for something that is for all intents and purposes not necessary. Aren't there more important things to concern ourselves with, as gamers and consumers? Like content quality?

So... you're basically saying because he can't tell a difference that he has poor eyesight? Thirty FPS is seriously not so bad. Maybe you should gain perspective rather than perceptiveness. I've played games successfully at 10fps (and less) without complaint. I don't think it's worth an entire petition (which, by the way, will have no effect on the game because petitions on gaming forums mean nothing) for something that is for all intents and purposes not necessary. Aren't there more important things to concern ourselves with, as gamers and consumers? Like content quality?

Yes I've played games at low fps because I had no choice, when I was a kid and couldn't afford to build high end computers. That's besides the point though, doesn't mean it was my preference, and it wasn't forced on me by developers, it was my own fault for being a kid and not having money. It's different when you have to endure low fps because the developer was too lazy to make a proper port.

And online petitions do work in many cases so long as the request isn't ridiculous. There are many companies that care about player feedback and fix things as appropriate. For example when World of Warcraft came out it didn't support quad cores, they patched it and now it does, Bioshock had a resolution aspect ratio problem at launch and they patched it, Darksiders on 360 had horrible screen tearing and they patched it to fix this. So lucas arts has no excuse.

I'm not asking them to add 20 levels to the game, I'm asking them to just remove the 30 fps cap, it's like the most simple request possible. You act like I'm making some huge unreasonable request. I'm sure someone higher up could force the devs to get this changed at the flick of a finger, they just don't care.

• 1 year later...

A "framerate unlocker" patch was unofficially released for TFU 2 (claims to render 60 fps), but was one ever released for part 1 (Ultimate Sith Edition)?

I talked to Aspyr media tech support over email and they asserted that the 1.2 patch was the final one, and that there's no way to uncap the framerate in TFU:USE from 30 fps.

Archived