Home

Meteor Mess 3D

whipwarrior

For me the Dott style is a little bit too "classic". It was Perfect for its time and the Cartoon style realy looked good in Dott, bit For me Dott never realy was an MM2. It was a cool game using the same characters but the original wasent just comedy like dott, it also was al littlebit like thos Horror Teen movies from the 80s with this dark kind of Humor.

As a kid i always find the Mansion a little bit Creepy but if the look is in that comic style i cant feel that. In the end it is all a matter of tase i think. I like to play the Dott style game too but it itsent what i ever thought of the Mansion should look like.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Shaded graphics really doesn't suit this game. They should definitely cellshade at least the characters. There is something awkward and clumsy about the look as it is now.

There should be a more lose, fluent, relaxed style to it. Not this pedantic, stiff, overtly detailed amateur CGI look.

Plus several hundreds points for the effort and idea, but minus a couple of hundred for poor execution.

What this really looks like is work from a group/committee, where there is no clear leadership or magnetic field to hold the whole thing together.

What really needs to be done, is to throw everything but the code and engine out and start over. But I doubt that will happen.

If it did, then the fan project would never be released (and it's a miracle than any fan project gets released, even in demo form). A big project is hard enough to achieve with a team of paid people working every day in the same room.

Cel-shaded characters would look very good, I agree, though I wonder how possibly that is to do. I literally don't know.

Its very interessting to see how People got influenced by "Day of the Tentacle" when they think about what MM should look like.

Before DOTT came out, no one wanted a MM in Comic look.

One thing is very interessting too. Most Positive Comments in the Forums worldwide came from users with many post´s, while most of the "Bah thats bad and ugly" post´s came from "1 Post" users. This isent a Dott style Remake and never will be, if you want one, you should wait for the Dott styl version to be released or give the Final Version of this 3D version a Try when all the work is done.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Meteor Mess 3D is making rapid progress. Many rooms have their new look, the code has been cleaned up, a new System has been added that controls the new gestures while the charackters Talk and we changed the animations from vertex animation to bone animation.

What we realy need at the moment, is a 3D charackter modler. So if you are one, and want to join us, then contact the Team on our Page http://www.vampyregames.de

• 1 year later...

Today I was playing the MM3D demo when I had a morbidly funny idea that I'd never thought of in all the years of playing Maniac Mansion. Since you can't progress beyond the green tentacle on the third floor, and you can't drain the pool to destroy the mansion, I decided on a clever way to end the game: a triple suicide. I simply gathered all the players around the microwave in the kitchen, nuked the jar of radioactive water and opened the oven door. Voilà! Three tombstones in one fell swoop. The funny part is that you can still switch between the kids, who retain their inventory items in the grave. So you really CAN take it with you! :thmbup1:

• 2 years later...

It's been several years later now and the project is still in progress.

But it seems they are close to the end now ... that's what I just found on their page:

Male English native speaker wanted to narrate our new intro sequence and some video footage !!!

If you are interested please email some info about you and a voice sample to:

mm3dteam@googlemail.com

We are looking forward to listen to all your great submissions.

• 2 months later...

Hi there !

I Know, i Know we should habe been finished a long time ago, but the wait was a good thing to do. Why? All Charakter Models are now new and done by a Professionel Character Artist, the Musik for all locations and Cutscenes are made by a Professionel too, and there are tons of small and big improvements to the Game. Watch our Facebook Media Section to see it yourself, and dont be to shy to give us a Like if u do so :)https://www.facebook.com/MeteorMess3D/photos_stream

• 2 weeks later...

Archived