Home

LDR's WIPs

LDR

Should Carth Onasi's Jacket have red shoulders, or no?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Should Carth Onasi's Jacket have red shoulders, or no?

• Yes.
    • No.

Eyes, still don't look quite right, I'd suggest using google and real eyes to make them look better and shrink them down. Alternatively feel free to use this which I just wipped up for you as an experiment. It combies a real eye with a sith eye to try and create an unsettling evil effect.

picture.php?albumid=13&pictureid=8609

Link to album; http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=13&pictureid=8609

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alrighty then. Cheerio to j7 for these epic irises for Saul!

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
picture.php?albumid=627&pictureid=8610

Looks good LDR, although if their headgear is supposed to conceal their identity you might want to change the guy's headgear in the first screenshot. (I believe he is using the Jorran head model)

He IS using the Jorran model, and I just re-edited all their utcs. The only headgear they wear now are Das'skar Hunting Masks, Consciousness Helms, and Stabilizer Masks. I don't have any screenies of them, as I generally don't like re-taking pictures of utcs (besides skins of course).

Alright. I re-sized the Saul texture and added the eyes onto it. It doesn't generally look like anything changed in the texture while in-game, so here's a picture of a portion of the texture.

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=627&pictureid=8611

Yeah, I like the incorporation of the irises! The word is viridian, by the way, not veridian, although there are a few companies with the incorrect spelling in their names out there. :p

Ok, Zhaboka. Let me make this clear.

They aren't called Veridian.

They aren't even called Viridian!

Wanna know what they're called? Veridan. :xp:

I have two more screenshots for my Big Skin Pack.

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=627&pictureid=8618Thought of giving him a black ops group sort-of feel. Black suit with red trim!

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=627&pictureid=8619Who doesn't love an Onyx colored assassin droid? :xp:

Ok, Zhaboka. Let me make this clear.

They aren't called Veridian.

They aren't even called Viridian!

Wanna know what they're called? Veridan. :xp:

HAHAHA clearly I have fallen victim to a phenomena known as User Stupidity... I will read more carefully next time. :thmbup1:

That looks an aaaaawful lot like Carth's Infiltrator Suit by T7nowhere!

You are correct. I did use his skin as a basis for my skin. However, I sought for permission, which is why I sent him a PM detailing such.

Anyways, added red to the shoulders and made the suit less black, more gray.

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=627&pictureid=8620

Republic logo on shoulders. :xp:

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=627&pictureid=8621

Master Uthar skin for big skin pack.

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=627&pictureid=8319

I think I prefer your original Carth Jacket without the red shoulders. Any chance I could see see the Republic logo on the shoulder without the red underneath it? At least for comparison's sake?

I think the red tattoos are clashing with Uthar's blue Chiss skin bit too much. What I'd love would be if you could do something about Uthar's low res uniform. Those ribbon bars on his left side (our right side), for example.

LDR, the only issue with having the Republic Logo is the fact that the main character is basically embarking on a mission of secrecy. Not only that, but the suit also looks like Carth's infiltrator suit... The huge logo that is embedded on the outfit kind of ruins the point of secrecy and infiltration... But aside from that the skinning still looks good :) Keep it up!

IMO, the republic logo is unnecessary (a bit overkill), but if you wanna keep it, maybe reduce its size a little and work some more on the edges.

I agree with all of this statement. There's no reason why you couldn't have both jackets available and have the red shoulder denote a lower rank on some other NPC . . .

Some very nice skins you got there :)

Though, I don't mind the logo of the republic on the shoulder being there, it looks a bit to glued/ tacked on top. Plus it looks a little pixelated compared to the rest of the skin.

I'dd try and fix that a bit. Just my 2cents: other then that I really love these skins. I've seen other "black" skins that fall flat or are suffering from to much contrast. Doing black skins is a tricky and difficult affair.

Hat off to your skills sir :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone. The WIP isn't very active right now due to having to reinstall EVERYTHING to my computer because of the harddrive failing. I saved my mods onto a USB (yay!). It's taking a while to redownload the modding tools, recreate some of my typed documents, all my music folders, some of my background banners I made, and I also have to do a three page report on the Civil War for History class.

I am very sorry for always going away from my thread, coming back to say sorry and with a few updates, only to leave again. I could see that your faiths in my mods are diminished, so I don't blame any of you if you think my mods will never be finished and think I'm a man of empty promises. This is truly how I see myself, and I am not able to keep up with my work like some other modders. I lose concentration sometimes, and other activities take hold of me. *sigh*

More screenies will be made next week, after Thanksgiving vacation.

• 1 month later...

I was supposed to have an update ready for New Year's, but I'm lagging behind.

Anyways, I have worse news. There are problems arising in my family. If they keep getting worse and reach its climax, I'll probably fall into depression and be unable to bring myself mod ever again. I already cried my eyes about it earlier today and I don't want to talk about the specifics on what's happening. In fact, the only person on here that knows about it is Trench - whom I'm talking to about it on facebook right now.

I am deeply sorry, but RL is just... bad.

Archived