Home

Backwards Lightsaber

Slaterx

Okay, so when the first TFU game came out we were all like Zomigod Backhanded lightsaber!!! (various Nerdgasms). But after a little while alot of us got tired with it. and know were going to have 2. While I personally still like it i know alot of people dont, so post ur thoughts do u like it? Hate it?

Comment:thmbup1:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, like it or not, the backwards lightsaber is the trademark for Galen now. personally I would prefer something else, but being inconsistant thru out the series would be worse...

Then again I am one of those fuys who think OT sword fights leaves waaaay too many open moves and PT fights are mostly flashyly suicidal.

i like it, it makes him unique :) i like the way how he switches to normal stance durin the moves. It would be cool if you could turn them on and off durin gameplay, like who needs a lightsaber when u can just bbq lighnting crisp storm troopers lol

p.s cchheeeeese :)

some do, some dont . i think he would look better if he held one normal and one backhanded. that woud be cool

p.s i like cheese

Yeah now that would be cool and as for not thinking out side the Box..doesnt the fact that backhanded lightsabers Started in Tfu show creativity?

I would suggest multiple animations... Now that would be kick ass... If he's walking and wearing a robe, you could have him hold the lightsabers straight or if he was running, you could have him hold it swept back... And what "trujedi" states, now that would look good...

Yeah now that would be cool and as for not thinking out side the Box..doesnt the fact that backhanded lightsabers Started in Tfu show creativity?

Anakin's apprentice was known to have that stance... mace windu mastered the style... Also many jedi from the expanded universe also have that style... Its nothing new... It was all hyped up to make it look new...

People need to stop moaning about the backhanded saber. It's a stylistic character stamp that didn't bother me in the first game. And while I confess that having two of them is a little bit much, ultimately, I think we'll live.

Well now if no one had anything to moan about, there wouldn't be any use for a forum right? :)

I don't mind it because it makes him unique and it doesn't take away from gameplay. And if you're trying to complain that it isn't outside the box, this is a world in which people carry laser swords and can defy Einstein's famous equation by flying at lightspeed. I'd say Star Wars defines "outside the box".

i find the backhanded saber being if not the only, at least one major annoyance factor in TFU I. changing the color of your saber in all honor, but it doesn't matter to me as being able to change your stance. me not giving a flying f*** about the expanded universe, i've never before TFU I seen anyone holding his saber backwards. and i don't like it.

- Most wouldn't use the backhand grip because it is risky, however if used correctly it does quick powerful slashes, blocking with a backhanded grip is usually the Negative which is why most would dodge instead of block X.x though I don't recall in any CG in TFU that Galen blocks with a backhand grip, so it does show that he switches styles from Offensive to defensive.

O and also...Revan supposedly used a Back-handed grip once.

- Most wouldn't use the backhand grip because it is risky, however if used correctly it does quick powerful slashes, blocking with a backhanded grip is usually the Negative which is why most would dodge instead of block X.x though I don't recall in any CG in TFU that Galen blocks with a backhand grip, so it does show that he switches styles from Offensive to defensive.

O and also...Revan supposedly used a Back-handed grip once.

What about all the quick time sequences with darth maul, vader, shaak ti, small duel with obi wan's holo in the beginning... There was also a cgi movie during the pre release days that also showed the final confrontation with vader where he blocks...

i find the backhanded saber being if not the only, at least one major annoyance factor in TFU I. changing the color of your saber in all honor, but it doesn't matter to me as being able to change your stance. me not giving a flying f*** about the expanded universe, i've never before TFU I seen anyone holding his saber backwards. and i don't like it.

Actually you can see an extra in The Clone Wars using a backhand grip on Geonosis, and a couple other times here and there, more in particular with Anakin's apprentice in the cartoon network tv series. Plus, for someone like Starkiller who's supposedly mastered the backhand style, the unorthodox stance can have a pretty good advantage in a fight just like dual sabers or the famous double-bladed saber.

I for one feel that, since this game has a more darker setting in part 2 and seems a bit more mature... They should have given starkiller a vader like walking style while he holds both sabers facing front executing more powerful looking moves rather than quick slashing... Haden did mention that LA was looking fora more "strategic combat situation" obviously slowed down but stylish moves and combing the force with lightsaber attacks would have been the way to go... for eg: We have 4 stormtroopers... You slash the first one, block the second one's blaster fire and impale him, then swiftly lift the remaining 2 and fry them with lightning... a la arkham asylum style... Fluid combat and everything depends on your timing.

I'm currently playing the PS2 version for the first time, and I greatly prefer the Xbox 360 version for many reasons other than graphics. This version feels like a bootleg knockoff whipped up in some guy's basement in Afghanistan. It is seriously very poorly and sloppily designed for a PS2 game of its generation, with the likes of God of War and other such titles. It's like the last-gen versions were an afterthought or something.

I for one feel that, since this game has a more darker setting in part 2 and seems a bit more mature... They should have given starkiller a vader like walking style while he holds both sabers facing front executing more powerful looking moves rather than quick slashing... Haden did mention that LA was looking fora more "strategic combat situation" obviously slowed down but stylish moves and combing the force with lightsaber attacks would have been the way to go... for eg: We have 4 stormtroopers... You slash the first one, block the second one's blaster fire and impale him, then swiftly lift the remaining 2 and fry them with lightning... a la arkham asylum style... Fluid combat and everything depends on your timing.

That would have been great!!

I'm currently playing the PS2 version for the first time, and I greatly prefer the Xbox 360 version for many reasons other than graphics. This version feels like a bootleg knockoff whipped up in some guy's basement in Afghanistan. It is seriously very poorly and sloppily designed for a PS2 game of its generation, with the likes of God of War and other such titles. It's like the last-gen versions were an afterthought or something.

I feel that way about the X-box, Ps3 and PC versions. The level design is unambitious and much more straight forward. And the game mechanics is very annoying.

Not to mention the 3 locations and extra boss fights we get on Ps2 (Jedi Temple, Nar Shaddaa, extended Bespin). Everything seems to develop much more, the story, the love interest, the Vader/Apprentice relationship.

Even the menus are better since they give the illusion of moving inside the ship.

Not to mention that when I change that pour excuse for a sith for a costume of Luke I don't need to see him hold his saber like a retard.

And it's pretty much clear that a former generation console will not look as good as the current gen.

Besides I'm not a sucker for graphics.

Archived