Home

Backwards Lightsaber

Slaterx

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hence the reason I got rid of my PS2 long ago :) more specifically when Halo came out and I haven't gone back to Sony since, but that I think is another thread.

Yeah I know I'm bumping of topic again but I would like to get this straight. You got rid of a gaming console with over 5000 games released for it, huge customer list and lot's of good fun because the animations in your cutscenes weren't as nice as the new gen platforms? :raise:

deesnyder why do you think it will be pushed back?

Yeah I know I'm bumping of topic again but I would like to get this straight. You got rid of a gaming console with over 5000 games released for it, huge customer list and lot's of good fun because the animations in your cutscenes weren't as nice as the new gen platforms?

No...I got rid of it for another gaming console that I believed was a superior product with better graphics and more games that I was interested in playing. Truth be told I was bored with my PS2 and used it as trade fodder for my first Xbox, and then when the 360 came out I did the same thing with the original Xbox...but we are waaay off topic here, and I'd be willing to discuss further in a PM if you wish.

Haven't seen anything indicating there's any sort of delay in the October 26th release date...and as I said...it would be nice if they would give the player an option for different fighting styles and such, but this late in their development process they could not make a major change to the game like that without a delay nor would I expect them to.

• 2 weeks later...
I think switching stances or a switch to turn the saber on or off was probably the last things on their minds. Why obsess over something so pointless?

It's not that pointless.

If switching stances also changed the way you swing the saber, it would add a lot of gameplay depth.

I was merely playing devil's advocate with my comment about giving folks a choice between the saber style. I don't have a problem with the backhand style as I've stated previously and in the end imho it doesn't make a difference in the game to me. A lightsaber kills stormtroopers no matter which way you swing it :)

I was merely playing devil's advocate with my comment about giving folks a choice between the saber style. I don't have a problem with the backhand style as I've stated previously and in the end imho it doesn't make a difference in the game to me. A lightsaber kills stormtroopers no matter which way you swing it :)

i don't see why, other than for the sake of being 'unique', they chose for starkiller to hold the saber backwards. in fact, him holding the saber backwards holds back on the star wars experience on my part, i simply can't relate to it as i could had he held it correctly. it feels as if TFU didn't have permission to hold the saber correctly, and they made some sloppy japanese copy version with him holding it backwards. looks cheap.

Come think of it, starkiller is the second apprentice in the star wars universe trained by anakin to also use the unorthodox backwards grip. And it reallh is kinda pointless to fret over something like the way he holds it just because it, might add at the most only the slightest bit more in gameplay

Pure speculation...but I would think it is more something she and Starkiller chose as opposed to something they were trained to do. I watched a little bit of the Clone Wars before I deemed it garbage (personal opinion please don't shoot me if you like it.) and if I recall Anakin tries to break her of the habit doesn't he?

Honestly, I'm sure the item of how their main character holds his lightsaber was the last thing on their minds when they were developing the game. In fact, I'd go so far as to say it probably never even crossed their minds. Like I said...a lightsaber still sends ones enemies to the hurt locker no matter which way you look at it.:lsduel:

Archived