Home

Backwards Lightsaber

Slaterx

I feel that way about the X-box, Ps3 and PC versions. The level design is unambitious and much more straight forward. And the game mechanics is very annoying.

Not to mention the 3 locations and extra boss fights we get on Ps2 (Jedi Temple, Nar Shaddaa, extended Bespin). Everything seems to develop much more, the story, the love interest, the Vader/Apprentice relationship.

Even the menus are better since they give the illusion of moving inside the ship.

Not to mention that when I change that pour excuse for a sith for a costume of Luke I don't need to see him hold his saber like a retard.

And it's pretty much clear that a former generation console will not look as good as the current gen.

Besides I'm not a sucker for graphics.

To top it off... in the 360/pc/ps3 versions his feet never touch the floor in raxus prime(both levels), felucia, kashyyyk...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i just don't like the way they're presenting it. It's quite obvious that you can only wield them ni this way, which if they fronted up and said 'yeah you can only do it this way again guys.' I would be fine with. But in interviews they specifically say 'Another NEW power you have is the POWER to wield two lightsabers.' No. that's not a new power.

I dont lose sleep over the Backwards Lightsaber's, although I would never use them that way if I had the Choice, what I do hate is the Hilt design... they look like some Toy R us age 3 and up things, they look Plastic with Glowy bits >>

craphilt.jpg

IAnd it's pretty much clear that a former generation console will not look as good as the current gen.

You're missing what I'm saying. I wasn't comparing the graphical quality to its next-gen counterparts, I was comparing it to other PS2 games from that time period. Considering the beautifully crafted games we had at our fingertips for several years up until that point, The Force Unleashed was a major sellout as a PS2 game.

You're missing what I'm saying. I wasn't comparing the graphical quality to its next-gen counterparts, I was comparing it to other PS2 games from that time period. Considering the beautifully crafted games we had at our fingertips for several years up until that point, The Force Unleashed was a major sellout as a PS2 game.

The graphics look very good compared to other ps2 games. :raise::indif: or we own a different console.

I personally like that backhanded grip...enough that I was going to have a Jedi in one of my fanfics use it, but I wrote about 2 chapters and haven't gone much further with the story :) lol...but anyway...yeah I like it, don't have a problem with it whatsoever.

Now it seems Revan apparently used a backhanded lightsaber as well, during the events of Knights of the Old Republic. If you check the latest timeline entry on The Old Republic's website, you will see stills of this.

I didn't mind Galen's backhanded saber either, but this is getting a little out of hand.

Tbh they kinda tied

http://www.godofwar2.com/Gallery/GodOfWar2/Image/Org/2006-07-11-11-40-56--God_Of_War_2---jpg.aspx

http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/885/885874/star-wars-the-force-unleashed-20080702024824160_640w.jpg

But then you take into account that GoW came out 3 YEARS beofre TFU

Tfu has better textures but crap ass effects, while GoW has worse textures and better effects... wait isn't the main point of Tfu the force powers which are all EFFECTS? o_o

Fair point. However, I don't recall God of War ever having a God-awful bright haze over the screen all the time and having characters in cutscenes move and talk like the game was made in 2001.

Fair point. However, I don't recall God of War ever having a God-awful bright haze over the screen all the time and having characters in cutscenes move and talk like the game was made in 2001.

I must agree about the cutscenes. They do come out rather stiff.

I must agree about the cutscenes. They do come out rather stiff.

Hence the reason I got rid of my PS2 long ago :) more specifically when Halo came out and I haven't gone back to Sony since, but that I think is another thread.

@topic: someone stated that the backhand grip with two lightsabers looked odd(I was too lazy to quote it) and I would tend to agree. I know I said that I didn't have a problem with it and I don't but with the two lightsaber thing maybe they should have done away with it...or at least given players the option to only have one lightsaber which from what I understand they do not

Archived