Home

I'm being incarcerated!!!

Jae Onasi

Yep, for 3 days or so in the hospital. I'm having a knee replacement. I'm going to be cuffed to a machine that moves my new bionic robo-knee (trademark Dath Max). Physical therapists have promised me I will not escape torture. Hope I get a nice nurse for a warden.

Yes, that's- correct, that'll be eight sticks of dynamite, three AK-47s, one Dragnuov, one GPS and one bag of crispies and double ammo for all. How much is that? Hold on for a second, phone-

What? In the ****ing hospital?! You mean not in a hot women's prison full of lusting B-movie actresses? Oh lawd.

I'll take the crispies. Here's the cash. Bye.

Soooo wait... they're turning her into a borg...

I was planning on helping break her out, but it would take 3 days to assemble materials and my team. and another to get us in position. I mean we'd have to get intel, schematics, guard schedule, oh and knowing exactly WHERE she was would help... BUT I guess she wouldn't want to wait 4 days to get rescued from a 3 day incarceration.

We can rebuild her... We have the technology... :cyb1:

So. Jae Onasi's finally being assimilated. Knew it had to happen sooner or later. Resistance is futile. :cyb3:

Get well soon forum Momerator; and God's speed.

Signing off... *static*

One of my college buddies and best friends had a total knee replacement about a year ago... now he has the exact same RoM in the bionic knee as the other normal knee, and has almost zero pain, which to him is a whole new world, as he had suffered through constant pain for more than a decade... thinking he was too young to get a knee replacement.

When your stuff is jacked up, ya gotta take care of it! Good for you Jae!

Since his knee, he has lost 40lbs and looks like my old friend, not Jabba the kneeless.

Congrats on the new knee. However, I am of the impression these knee joints are not for running and major climbing. (Doctor friend of mine who attends to athletes doing this very thing.)

Do NOT let the recovery therapist tweak you too hard, be hyper-aware (especially if s/he is a gorilla body type) and give a definitive 'OK ENOUGH' when approaching bending threshold of your knee. Try to avoid the forceful or insistent ones if you can.

Congrats on your new joint.

Well, you said quite a while back that your knee had little or no cartilage left, so I guess that this was always a possibility. At least you'll finally be able to move around like you used to. PT's gonna be a bitch, though. :(

Good luck.

As LFNS Resident Physical Therapist, I can concur - CPMs are great fun.....to administer :D

For those that haven't seen a Continuous Passive Motion Rig, they look like this.

cpm.gif

They move the knee continuously for hours on end to stimulate healing and maintain optimal length-tension of any intact connective structures/musculature. This is done of course in addition to the actual physical work of rehab exercise and hydrotherapy.

One bit of advice... try remember to wear some underwear under your gown, once you're out of recovery. The amount of times I had to haul a knee onto a CPM and got an eyeful of furry mayhem is well into the thousands........

Good Luck Jae!

mtfbwya

I have escaped! I got out yesterday late afternoon (about 48 hours post-op), so not too bad. The nurse-wardens were fantastic, and incredibly knowledgeable. Even the PTs were kind-hearted. They worked me, but they were nice about it. I hope the home rehab people are just as nice.

For the PTs and other medical types in the audience, my PROM day 1 was 74 degrees and on discharge day was 86 degrees! Everyone seemed quite happy about that. I just got the CPM in the house, and I had it on a good 8 hours today. I could only get to about 30 degrees today since I didn't have it for most of the day yesterday. I'd gotten up to about 60 degrees on it in the hospital. The machine is actually comfortable for the most part, and since it elevates the leg, it helps with the swelling, too.

@Astro--I have shorts on. :D In the hospital, I had a foley and a femoral pain catheter, so underwear wasn't an option. Happily, both of those are now D/C'd. At home rehab these next 2 weeks, and then at outpatient rehab after that, though, shorts will help lots in preventing unbidden views of 'shrubbery'. :lol:

Archived