Home

Space Combat Confirmed in The Old Republic

News

Even though SW:TOR social networks did not reach the desired numbers, BioWare still had their special reveal today at Comic-con, and that reveal was space combat, something many people had been hoping for. Quote from SeanDahlberg (Source) First, thank you to all of you who participated in our Comic-Con Reveal mission! While we didn’t quite [...]

Read the full story at starwarsmmo.net...

This is one issue I was holding my breath on.

To me space combat is one of the most integral parts of the SW universe. Really making me happy to see this hit. I can just imagine space battlegrounds with fleets squaring off. It's gonna be classic.

SWG shipped without speeders and without space combat. I'm glad SWTOR is gonna do this thing right.:thmbup1:

The first thing I'm gonna do is install a Tractor Beam in my ship and intercept PastramiX's ship and steal all his stuff. Yeah, I know, wishful thinking.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind Battlefront 2-ish space combat. Pretty basic, but it does the job.

Battlefront would be okay. I guess what would SW be without boarding ships and such. But then again I love the straight up feel of the X-wing series.

Also in terms of space combat I wonder if it goes Battlefront style would you just be restricted to military fighters for space combat? That would work well, but there is also the desire to throw your own personal tricked out craft into the fray, but I don't know if I want to see just a big freighter battle. Seems a little too hodge podge for the kind of organized military actions that SW is known for (other than the occasional freighter)

Space combat could take on many forms, such as outrunning a blockade with your freighter, using your freighter to join a space battle between the Republic and the Sith or actually manning a military ship in specific occasions. I think all that could work in a Battlefront-like space combat.

Small fighter would be pretty dang good for combat and such.

Couple of fighters even for companions on non-battleground encounters. Dunno if that would fall too much in line for each class though. I mean Smugglers having a fighter bay? I can't figure them riding anything much bigger than the falcon.

Not sure about it. I figure since it's an RPG though they wouldn't want space combat to be the only cookie cutter piece about the game, plus they've mentioned customizing your ship. So I'm leaning that way, but that the same time you'd want to keep starfighter combat in the game too.

Not sure which side of the fence i feel comfortable with right now. It'll be interesting to see the implementation.

Archived