Home

Officially licenced LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean sets?

jp-30

This was snapped at Comic-Con, though there's no announcement yet. There's a chance it's an unofficial custom figure.

However LEGO and Disney have signed a deal (so far Cars, Toy Story & Prince of Persia), so there's a good chance we'll be getting POTC sets on the shelves with 'On Stranger Tides' movie release in 2011.

4819476713_7e032d28f5.jpg

4819464595_7591117520.jpg

And that means there's also a chance of a TTGames LEGO POTC videogame...

Ok I must admit, I still haven't touched the lego games. I probably spent 23 hours a day playing with lego when I was muuuuch younger so I'm a fan, but I still don't get the point of a computer game with lego characters. Are they really that good?

Yes, actually. They're very much "all-ages" games, like Mario or Sonic, but the best thing about all of them is the way they lampoon the movies in a very loving and surprisingly adult way. Pixar-like, you might say. Lego Star Wars fit the series perfectly, and Lego Indy 1 was excellent, although opinions are mixed on Lego Batman (I got bored with it) and Lego Indy 2 (I hated it at first and then loved it - there's a zombie level!). Lego Harry Potter is the only one I've not played, and it's supposed to be the best yet.

It must be a custom, look at the texture of his hat.

Prototypes usually have that texture. Look at this camel from the Prince Of Persia set reveal.

3751711089_6520eb3bdf.jpg?v=0

Gabez, as for why Jack's on a camel, the figure in front of him in the second shot looks like the prince from Prince Of Persia. I'm guessing Lego snuck Jack into the PoP showcase to tease fans.

Someone on the comments thread pointed out that with this new Disney deal, and since Disney now own Marvel Comics, it's possible we could see sets and games based on Marvel characters like Spider-Man, Iron Man, X-Men etc.

There were some sets based on Spider-Man 2 a couple of years ago, but they were phased out when the Batman line was released. It would be cool to see some stuff based directly on the comics, though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived