Home

Little bit of a snag

Kira_Tsukasa

Hey, who's tired of hearing from me yet? Everyone? I thought so...

Anyway, my old computer just fried itself not too long ago so I went and bought a new one today with Windows 7. I'm going through the Order of Installation thread but when it comes time for me to change the compatibility mode settings, the option simply isn't there. Do I need to do something else to change it or is that option completely gone from Windows 7? Or do I even need to do it with this OS?

EDIT: Something else I just noticed, my screen is 1366 x 768. If I try to set the game to run at 1280 x 768, is it going to cause problems?

If it's TSL, then it can run natively at 1280x768, but you'll have to set it in the .ini file under both "Display Options" and "Graphics Options". KotOR1 can't do this, but there is a widescreen mod available for it.

Does it not let you choose compatibility mode for the setup.exe on the installation disk, for the patch's .exe, or for the new swkotor.exe supplied by SecuROM?

Oh, and go ahead and post your new computer's specs using the game's configuration utility:

Post your system specs

Sometimes we're just not going to be able to help you if we don't know what kind of hardware you have on your machine. If you don't know what you have on your machine, then follow these steps below:

• Bring up the launcher menu for Kotor 1 or 2.
  • Click on "Configure".
  • Click the "Scan Hardware" button on the lower center of the window.
  • Click "Yes" to continue.
  • Click "Details" to view your system specs.
  • Click "Save Report" and save the file to your desktop.
  • Whenever you post your problem, open the file you just saved and copy and paste the contents to your post.

I went to check it again and the option is there now. Strange. I think the kotor gods are messing with me or something. :confused:

Does it matter which XP Service Pack I use? It gives me 2 or 3. I know in the thread it says use 2, but 3 wasn't available when I was on Vista. Also, is there a secondary place to download the mss32.dll file? Filefront keeps giving me an error whenever I try to get it.

Archived