Home

Would you vote for Jim Ward?

Char Ell

Would you vote for Jim Ward to represent your community at a national level?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Would you vote for Jim Ward to represent your community at a national level?

• Yes, I would vote for Jim Ward to lead me forward to the future!
    • No way! That Jim Ward guy would never get my vote.
    • Meh, I don't bother with that whole voting thing.
    • Voting is such an outdated concept. This is the 21st century baby! Dictatorships rule!

It just so happens that I reside in the same US congressional district where a certain former LucasArts president is running as a candidate for the US House of Representatives.

Jim Ward For Congress

So I got to wondering what my fellow Ahtonauts would do if they had the opportunity to vote or not vote Jim Ward into a body of national representatives that create and modify laws and determine how their country's tax dollars will be spent. To be clear, I'm not using this poll as a means to determine how I personally will vote. I just wanted to see what others would do if they were in my position. :D

NOTE: I made this a public poll so everybody that votes will be on the record, unlike how it actually works in U.S.A. voting booths. ;)

Well so long as it isn't Bobby Kotick. Him being the president of the USA would probably cause a third World War.

In which you have to pay $15 every month to enjoy protection of the army.

Maybe if he is elected he will be knighted? Someone cutting of his padawan braid?

I voted no.

But that's from the fortunate position of not being directly affected by him or his opponent.

Although, reading his website, I did laugh at this -

At Lucasfilm, I oversaw the planning, development and execution of the global marketing and distribution programs for all of Lucasfilm’s motion picture, video and television properties. And no, I can’t be held accountable for Jar Jar Binks.

After reading over his positions, I voted no. I like how he compares Terrorism to Immigration:

We are in a war. We are in a war with extreme Islam in the next chapter of Jihad and we are in a war with illegal immigrants and drug cartels pouring into this country creating economic and criminal hardship.

Gentlemen of the West United States, I bid you stand fight! On a more serious note, there's a difference between the people coming to the United States to find legitimate work and those here to spread drugs. From what I read, Mr. Ward treats illegal immigrants with a blanket disapproval (unless they immigrated here legally, which we all know is a very simple matter).

Immigration aside, the rest of his positions seem to be those of a typical Republican (i.e., 'Maintain spending six hundred billion dollars a year on defense,' etc). The only time he wins points is in denying any relationship with Jar Jar Binks. :p

Is he the guy who canceled KotOR 3? :carms:

Yep. It is generally believed that Jim Ward cancelled KotOR 3 shortly after assuming the presidential reins of LucasArts. Considering this is a KotOR fan forum I didn't want to overly bias anybody against the guy though. I figured if Ahtonauts that vote in this poll know of Jim Ward's history at LucasArts then whatever knowledge they already had would probably inform their choice. :smirk2:

Yep. It is generally believed that Jim Ward cancelled KotOR 3 shortly after assuming the presidential reins of LucasArts.

That is all I needed to know. I don’t care what his positions are on the issues. He could be Mother Teresa, Gandhi and Mandela all rolled into one and I still would not vote for him.

Some things are more important than politics, like video games. :xp:

Oh, and LOL@the last voting choice. :D

Whatever...

I was laughing at it. You know; as in not taking it seriously... :giveup:

Is he the guy who canceled KotOR 3? :carms:

Yep. It is generally believed that Jim Ward cancelled KotOR 3 shortly after assuming the presidential reins of LucasArts. Considering this is a KotOR fan forum I didn't want to overly bias anybody against the guy though. I figured if Ahtonauts that vote in this poll know of Jim Ward's history at LucasArts then whatever knowledge they already had would probably inform their choice. :smirk2:

GAH! I knew it! Tar him, feather him, and BOIL HIM IN OIL!

I absolutely despise this man! :swear:

This is how it works: Jim Ward rarely even listened to his own customers, and when he did, he listened with a looking glass in his ear (KotOR 3 = KotOR MMO). Do you honestly expect that he'll do better when dealing with his own constituents for the U.S. of F*****' A.?

Who the f*** votes for Congressmen anymore?

Kotor 3? Meh, economically feasible for it to be an MMO and its not like the rest of Lucasarts hasn't abandoned our fanbase anyway. Frankly, all of Bioware is at fault since they never actually wanted to do a sequel in the first place. My bet is they -claimed- to want to do Kotor 3, but really the entire plan from the beginning was an MMO. They didn't want to do the second game, so I see no reason why Bioware would want to do the third. Basically, they were uninterested in Kotor before Jim ever took the reins.

As far as the dude politically, his stupidity can be summed up in one sentence: "If Reagan were here you know what he’d say". Yet again another guy preaching Reagan without ever studying his actual presidency. Its hilarious that modern day politicians think he'd agree with anything they're doing and its to the point that he has become sort of the Jesus for politicians now; Nobody pays attention to what he actually said and did, but instead they apply any random s*** they make up on the spot to him. Its just as bad as all of them raving about how they want America to go back to the way it was, like, 30 years ago.

Well, seeing as how he's in my district.... I AM voting for him. We need more people to stand up against the insane spending. I prefer a Republican Congress with a Dem President.

And him canceling KOTOR 3.. Meh... if 2 was better, maybe I would have felt differently. But He also oversaw Battlefront and BFII, and the release of the OT on DVD.

^^^

Yes, that is Lucasfilm's job. Jim Ward was also Senior VP of Marketing, Distribution, and Online for Lucasfilm for a number of years before he was given the additional title of President of LucasArts. Pretty sure he started at Lucasfilm either shortly before or shortly after TPM debuted in theaters.

^^^

Yes, that is Lucasfilm's job. Jim Ward was also Senior VP of Marketing, Distribution, and Online for Lucasfilm for a number of years before he was given the additional title of President of LucasArts. Pretty sure he started at Lucasfilm either shortly before or shortly after TPM debuted in theaters.

Ah. Thanks for explaining that.

As an independent one thing I am looking for is fiscal responsibility.

This thread is about politics based on unpopularity of his decisions in lucasfilm productions. Of course I dislike quite a bit of stuff in this respect.

However, I'm not really close enough to be affected. *shrug*

Well, seeing as how he's in my district.... I AM voting for him. We need more people to stand up against the insane spending. I prefer a Republican Congress with a Dem President.

And him canceling KOTOR 3.. Meh... if 2 was better, maybe I would have felt differently. But He also oversaw Battlefront and BFII, and the release of the OT on DVD.

My problem (aside K3, SW, etc.) with him is that he doesn't seem to stand out from other Republicans enough and be a more independent candidate.

Otherwise I do like his strong 2nd amendment stance, and that he is fiscally responsible (or at least that's what he's running on).

Time will only tell, of course.

Archived