Home

Terrell Owens and Chad Ochocinco on the same team now.

Darth_Calo

What do you think of this move by the Bengals? can Chad and T.O. co-exist?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of this move by the Bengals? can Chad and T.O. co-exist?

• Yes, they're both mature adults now
    • Quite simply, no.

From NBC Sports:

T.O. picks the Bengals

Posted by Mike Florio on July 27, 2010 5:33 PM ET

Well, it's happened. Receiver Terrell Owens has agreed to terms with the Bengals.

Per a league source, Owens will receive a base salary of $2 million. He can earn up to another $2 million in incentives.

(We reported it first, scooping even the OCNN, which put the word out several minutes after us.)

The source says that the incentives are based on receptions, yards, and touchdowns.

Given that the Bengals didn't really have a need at the position and in light of the franchise's reputation for being extremely careful with money, it's a good deal for Owens. He gets more than twice the veteran minimum for a player of his experience, and though the specific triggers for the $2 million are not yet known, it's our understanding that if he performs like he did last year in Buffalo (55 catches, 829 yards, five touchdowns), he'll earn most of the money.

That said, the decision to tie that much money to performance could create friction, if Owens isn't on the field as much as he believes he needs to be. But the Bengals likely know this, and the decision potentially reflects a concession that Antonio Bryant isn't going to be what they thought he was going to be.

As Albert Breer of the Boston Globe points out via Twitter, T.O.'s regular season will begin for the second straight year with a trip to Foxborough to face the Patriots, employers of "the other 81." As PFT points out via PFT, Owens' preseason will begin for the second straight year with a trip to Canton to play in the Hall of Fame game, televised exclusively on NBC.

And Owens will face the Dallas Cowboys, the team that abruptly cut him after the 2008 season.

Suddenly, the first exhibition game of the year got a lot more interesting.

these are two of the most...colorful NFL players in the game today.

Owners of many touchdowns, and many touchdown celebrations.

Terrell Owens Celebrates on Dallas Star (as a 49er!)

Chad Ochocinco scores a Touchdown and does the Lambeau Leap (historically reserved for only Green Bay Packers)

so my question to the community: what do you think?

We have very different definitions of what washed up means. If the Boston Celtics are considered washed up, I would take that for my Houston Rockets any day. Taking the NBA finals to 7 games against the Lakers, I would live with that kind of washed up.

2009 Receiving Stats

#26 in Receptions with 72

#20 in Yardage with 1047

#31 in Average Yardage per Catch with 14.5

#10 with Touchdown with 9.

#13 with 15 Catches of 20 yards or more.

Still a good serviceable receiver, but hardly the elite receiver he was a few years ago and he is on the decline. The Bengals must think so too or why would they take the risk bringing T.O. in? Oh yea, they are known as the Bungles for some reason.

They get paid millions of dollars to play a children's passtime game and never grow up; the real life equivalent of Yu-Gi-Oh's ridiculous card game obsession. I wish I could care less, but what care I have is primarily made up of boiling hatred of the sport and everything associated with it.

What were we talking about again?

They get paid millions of dollars to play a children's passtime game and never grow up; the real life equivalent of Yu-Gi-Oh's ridiculous card game obsession. I wish I could care less, but what care I have is primarily made up of boiling hatred of the sport and everything associated with it.

What were we talking about again?

Then why waste your energy with a reply?

Then why waste your energy with a reply?

He used enough energy to make a thread, so I thought it only polite to answer him when he asked what I thought.

Also, on the topic of showboating, these guys don't hold a candle to Firebathero:

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

That, my friends, is what Niner wishes he was.

A wise man once said: "Beating down the ego of others is merely another form of ego"

:dev9:

[/Thread]

Thanks, mysterious wise man for that hypocritical saying. Truly he blessed a generation of people. Also I just hope you realize that by posting that, along with the universal smiley of douchebag, you've implicated yourself as well :p. Actually, I take that back; good job wise man.

(Also in case it wasn't obvious to anyone I was joking and making fun of the fact that nobody reads my longwinded posts)

As far as harming the ego of the football players... they get paid 2 million base. They can comfort themselves in hookers made of expensive wine.

Archived