Home

MI2:SE steam update

LordTrilobite

When I logged on to steam, I noticed that it was downloading an update for MI2:SE. I haven't checked ingame what the changes are yet. But someone on the Steam forums said it contained mostly audio files. For the bone song and the hintline on dinky. Could they really have fixed it?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When I logged on to steam, I noticed that it was downloading an update for MI2:SE. I haven't checked ingame what the changes are yet. But someone on the Steam forums said it contained mostly audio files. For the bone song and the hintline on dinky. Could they really have fixed it?

Yeah, the bone song's been fixed. You can now hear the dinky jungle music in full aswell. Still no intro, though.

I hope they keep this up. There's still a lot of patching to do. I guess people haven't complained enough about the Mardi Gras music since at least that's still a bit broken. I'm not talking about the design choice to muffle the music in Villa de la Booty but about the way the music sometimes just stops at the party itself. That's such a nice scene and this ruins it a bit.

Did anyone mention the min jiffies thing in their Facebook? Because that's where most fan-based complaints seem to be sourced from. Might be worth throwing that out there in case of a second patch.

Done. Why don't we stoop down to the level of lameness and just get as many comments on there as possible and see if we manage anything. For...experimental purposes.

What does min jiffies have to do with the timed puzzles going by too quickly?

It's only an assumption. Thinking about it, it's probably wrong.

Also, according to a post at Telltale forums, the puzzle timings are fixed, as well as the credits edited somewhat. So apparently, the resource file must have been touched.

The list is in:

- Adjusted timing delays for certain puzzles

- Fixed missing music in Dinky Jungle

- Fixed music synching issue with the Bone Dance sequence

- Fixed various music cross-fading issues

- Added intro and outro credits sequences to the Classic version

- Added acceleration curve to cursor speed

- Increased volume level of “Classic” Chester

I still hope they will deliver a correct intro sometime in the future. Though it would probably mean having to get a new budget for doing the necessary graphics work which would be probably tough.

Nope. They only need to make a HD Guybrush and HD borders. Which some guy did on Youtube in about 10 minutes.

How I miss the days where you could just download an exe patch. To apply to the game you installed from disks.

Nope. They only need to make a HD Guybrush and HD borders. Which some guy did on Youtube in about 10 minutes.

Those borders would take a LOT longer than 10 minutes!

Archived