Home

MI2:SE steam update

LordTrilobite

Glad they fixed the timing puzzles more than anything. It seems like that would hurt new players to the series the most who don't know what to do or how to solve the puzzle. Hopefully the patch will come to PSN, but honestly I probably won't play it through again even if so. Nice to know it would be fixed though.

Remember all the art was outsourced. They probably can't get Korea to do anymore.

It was Singapore, but yeah, they probably can't.

For people who are obsessed with the original version, they can just play it on ScummVM...

Yes, because there's no such thing as deadlines.

Its an almost ridiculous embarrassment of riches, a fanboy's dream and more than anyone would have thought possible a few years ago. And yet still we moan. Crazy.

There's much more to like here than there is to dislike, I'm utterly convinced of it. And I'm not the only one. I'm just trying to be rational about it.

So do you guys get this defensive every time? I mean this is a thread about fixes. Discussion of lack of said fixes and want for more fixes is bound to happen. No one seemed to be assuming deadlines don't exist. I'm not even sure if anyone here (my own bitter self included) even rallied against this remake with full wanton dislike in any thread like the first one. There's just some hangups that people are talking about it seems to me.

Even if you can go play the old one, maybe some people still want to play the new version with the new music cues all intact and working, an updated intro with the new graphics, classic mode completely intact etc... Not that I'm at all disgusted with this new SE by far, but there's many other things I can think that fit a fanboy's dream in all honestly. Had all acted uniformly grateful or no one complained on the Facebook, you probably wouldn't even be getting these fixes. Either way, the Mojo forums is a great place to talk about such things.

AKA what Jeopando said and SurplusGamer backed up.

And moaning is indeed important. If you strive for perfection, you may never actually achieve it, but things get improved along the way.

I find this is a good way of thinking if you create something or other and are always trying to find ways to get better. I guess this doesn't have much to do with a thread about a Steam Update, but I agree very much so.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LucasArts made a patch to address mistakes, and they've released it now. This suggests to me that, whatever the case, they're finished with MI2SE. Leaving the intro out, for example, was not a mistake but a choice - whatever the reason may be.

I don't think we're being defensive about the errors, it just makes me sad that the majority of posts on this forum regarding the game are about the things that people didn't like, rather than the things that they did. If I worked at LucasArts and I came to the Mojo forums, I'd feel underappreciated, basically, which is a major shame because they've taken several enormous strides in an effort to please people like us.

I'll duck out of this thread anyway, I'm not really helping matters. We can agree to disagree, no hard feelings of course :)

I don't think we're being defensive about the errors, it just makes me sad that the majority of posts on this forum regarding the game are about the things that people didn't like, rather than the things that they did. If I worked at LucasArts and I came to the Mojo forums, I'd feel underappreciated, basically, which is a major shame because they've taken several enormous strides in an effort to please people like us.

Well, I think a lot of that just comes with remake territory, just the want to compare. People tend to nerd out on differences between ports as it is already, so when a remake comes along a lot of scrutiny will happen. Just seeing the long and exhausting "changes" lists that get uploaded to certain remade games on GameFAQs makes me think it's become a bizarre gaming pastime.

I always felt like many here sort of started off bitter because of first remake, but instead most of the users here have ended up overall happy so far. I certainly had a very pleasant experience.

LucasArts did do better than Double Fine who still has not released an essential fix for Brutal Legend on PS3, and instead of figuring out some covert way of getting it to us, they just blame EA all day on the Action forums.

They just ran out of time, but the intro was halfway done, so they said "cut it."

Yeah, I would still love for them to redraw the art for the intro credits sequence, but I guess the intro is not that essential to be remade. It's just important that it's in there one way or another, I think.

The monkeys were done. Only Guybrush and the map art weren't finished.

I don't think that was because the intro was half-way done and they shelved it. Not even all of the money art was finished (as far as I know, there was no backflip animation done in the remake style for instance).

What was done for the monkeys was for the LucasArts logo in the console releases. I doubt there was more to it than that.

I'm now 100% happy with the remake after this update. My biggest complaints were the timing issues and the bone song. With those fixed (and the classic version intro, and to a lesser extent, the outro being available) I'm quite satisfied. :)

Not even all of the money art was finished (as far as I know, there was no backflip animation done in the remake style for instance).

What was done for the monkeys was for the LucasArts logo in the console releases. I doubt there was more to it than that.

What's this then? There are 10 of these sprite sheets with ALL of the monkey animations in the game.

costumesa09.png

• 3 weeks later...

I was curious if anyone knows when (or if) the PS3 and 360 versions are getting title updates? I feel like I've searched around a bit and can't seem to find any other information.

I've been holding off on playing the game on the consoles in case there's a patch in the works - mostly for the iMuse fixes.

The fact that the Xbox version hasn't been patched for iMuse is ridiculous. The fact that only the Steam version has been patched at all is even more ridiculous.

But this is LucasArts we're talking about. I'm surprised that other people are surprised about the latest developments over there. They got a lot of praise recently for what really only amounts to a couple of remakes and a budget puzzle game.

I wouldn't hold my breath for a patch. My version isn't patched yet either. Hell will freeze over first.

Archived