Home

XBox WW2 shooter suggestions (yes I know there are a lot)

Prime

I'm looking for a good shooter for the 360 that specifically takes place in Normandy while playing for the Allied side (specifically American, British, or Canadian). I know of ones like Cal of Duty 3 and Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway that look interesting, but I was just wondering if there was anything newer.

I don't think so. There's World at War, but it does not take place in Normandy. Most people just go on about how the whole WW2 has been done to death, especially Normandy, and so you now have no games about it whatsoever.

If you're interested in the PC, the first two Call of Duty games and the earlier BiA games too might be of interest. There's also the Medal of Honor franchise you'll want to research, I lost track of it after Call of Duty stole its thunder.

Any WW2 game pre-360. Any of them. Also, nearly every Half-life game has a map mod of it. Throw a rock and you'll hit a dozen Normandys. It was done so many times in games that by this generation it was a running joke that seems to have run its course. Its the shooter equiv of the Hoth map, basically.

As for 360, I'm not really sure. Like I said, this generation the devs sort of wised up and collectively seemed to decide that Normandy was a part of WW2 that just needed to sleep.

Umm...I think your best bet is Call of Duty 3. I'm not sure if there is a "Normandy" mission...but I know that the Americans have a mission that is in a city that is very close to it geographically.

If you're looking for a beach landing on the 360...check out Call of Duty 2 as they have the "Pointe du Hoc" mission in single player.

Don't bother with any other WW2 game on the 360 btw...

Sorry that none of them are newer games...but I hope this helps! Best of luck!

The best WW2 experience I had was talking to one of my clients, George, who was at D-Day. Ended up marrying a German nurse no less ;)

I've only ever played COD2 to sate that 'I just saw Band of Brothers/Saving Private Ryan' and want to play Normandy urge we *all* get at some point. It did the trick I guess, though looks a tad dated now ;)

mtfbwya

Archived