Home

A New Player to Star Wars Galaxies

Erich the Ewok

I even though their is a new star wars mmo game coming out next year I am thinking about buying star wars galaxies and have some questions.

Is LucasArts and Sony Still supporting the game with game patches and more expansions?

What is the monthly cost to play the game and are their plenty of highly populated servers to choose from?

Is their still alot of people playing the game and has sony made the over all gameplay better and in what ways?

1) Yes, they're celebrating their 7th year as a game with the Empire/Remembrance Day gifts.

LucasArts senior online exec Tom Nichols has confirmed that the firm’s current plan is to run Star War Galaxies alongside The Old Republic for an indefinite period, and that more content is on the way for the current MMO.

“That’s the plan right now,” Nichols told VG247.com when asked specifically if the two would run together indefinitely.

“I think the market will definitely support that.”

Nichols, speaking at this week’s San Francisco launch of BioWare’s The Old Republic, said LucasArts has actively bolstered Galaxies with extra products this year, and that in-game content is in production.

“We’re still committed to Star Wars Galaxies,” he said. “A couple of things: a demonstration of that commitment includes a recent trading card game that we launched in August. It’s doing very well for us and we have a new expansion pack being planned for that.

“Shortly we’re going to release a new Hoth encounter that recreates that classic battle in the Empire Strikes Back, and that’s exciting content for our Galaxies community, so we’re definitely committed to the product.”

The two games will co-exist thanks to their different natures, said the exec.

“I think they’re fundamentally different games. The Old Republic is very focussed on story and has a totally different time-line from Galaxies.

“Galaxies is very much focused on your career and your profession and other different MMO game mechanics as well, and community: that’s game’s been around for five years, so there’s a very strong community feel to it.”

No date for The Old Republic as yet.[spring 2011]

2) Free for the first month after purchasing the Online Adventures, then 14.99/ mo after that, but it gets cheaper the more you pay upfront.

3) Yes, the whole reason they unplugged a number of the servers was to add more people to the popular servers. I play on Chilastra under the name -RustyGym- Locker if you would like an in-game tour. The trial is free, but you are extremely limited in what you can do.

• 1 month later...

Hi... Im in the same situation (kind of)

Las tuime i played was back in 2002 (i think) Just bought tha game $20...And im looking for the most populated server right now... Im in Gorath:thmbup1:

Also i used the trial for 2 days and was @ Level 8 Now im un the NON trial and i dont see my Level Skills Auto heal, grandes etc. Still level 8...

Thanks...

Update:

Found my stuff and also transferred to Starlite

Hi... Im in the same situation (kind of)

Las tuime i played was back in 2002 (i think) Just bought tha game $20...And im looking for the most populated server right now... Im in Gorath:thmbup1:

Also i used the trial for 2 days and was @ Level 8 Now im un the NON trial and i dont see my Level Skills Auto heal, grandes etc. Still level 8...

Thanks...

Update:

Found my stuff and also transferred to Starlite

Okay, that's good! Have fun on Starlite!

Archived