Home

Admiral Cede?

Kira_Tsukasa

I just got through playing the lightside and decided to play again on dark side. During my playthrough and other play throughs that I've seen on youtube and other sites, Grenn (the TSF guy) has always had a conversation with Carth. On this play through, however, he's talking to Admiral Cede instead. Does this happen only if you play dark side or is it random or has this even happened to anyone else?

I just got through playing the lightside and decided to play again on dark side. During my playthrough and other play throughs that I've seen on youtube and other sites, Grenn (the TSF guy) has always had a conversation with Carth. On this play through, however, he's talking to Admiral Cede instead. Does this happen only if you play dark side or is it random or has this even happened to anyone else?

It depends on what you tell Atton at the beginning of the game. If you say Revan was lightsided, then you see Carth. Say Darksided, and you see Admiral Cede instead. The reason for this, is if Revan went dark-side(i.e abandoned Carth on the UKW, took control of the Star Forge, thus destroying the Republic fleet), Carth would undoubtedly be dead. Which leaves room for someone else to take his place, Admiral Cede.

However, if your Exile is dark-sided, that doesn't affect it.

It depends on what you tell Atton at the beginning of the game. If you say Revan was lightsided, then you see Carth. Say Darksided, and you see Admiral Cede instead. The reason for this, is if Revan went dark-side(i.e abandoned Carth on the UKW, took control of the Star Forge, thus destroying the Republic fleet), Carth would undoubtedly be dead. Which leaves room for someone else to take his place, Admiral Cede.

However, if your Exile is dark-sided, that doesn't affect it.

Ohhh...guess I clicked the wrong option at the beginning then. Whoopsie. :D

Ohhh...guess I clicked the wrong option at the beginning then. Whoopsie. :D

I wouldn't call it the wrong option, unless you did want to have Revan LS. The options for that are a bit unusual, in that the option for DSRevan is first, and LS second. But it doesn't effect the game, aside from a few cut-scenes being slightly different, and in one case, not appearing at all:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

Lt. Gren won't ask you to speak with someone after the Ravager, you'll just go straight to Malachor.

and in fact, if you listen carefully, it sounds like Obsidian tried to make Revan canonically Darksided. and a woman (although that probably was Atton's wishful thinking) which are both the opposite of the established canon.

Almost. What they tried to do was put Revan above the simplistic morality of Light/Dark. Meaning, that Revan didn't fall to the dark side, it was a choice. What Revan knew would allow her to combat the "greater threat", as the Council put it. Finding the Star Forge, removal of leaders to destabilize corrupted Governments, among other things, was all to help that goal. And because the Jedi moved to capture Revan, and Malak attacked the ship, that pretty much screwed it up.

Obviously the Council can't understand why someone would willingly chose the dark side, no matter what reason they hear. Which might just be why Revan didn't go back to them like the Exile did. Revan knew they wouldn't care what reason, they wouldn't listen enough to understand. I don't think the Exile was foolish for going back, as she wasn't like Revan. Similar, but not the same.

Archived