Home

Toonstruck 2 news

Threepwood4life

Just seen this over on adventuregamers and thought this may interest fans of this underrated classic;

originally posted by toonstrucktwo

http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27388

"For all of you who were/are fans of the original, the unparalleled, Toonstruck the tremendously underrated DOS point-and-click adventure starring none other than Christopher Lloyd and Ben Stein and featuring the voice talents of Tress MacNeille (The Simpsons, Futurama), Dan Castellaneta (Homer Simpson), Dom DeLuise (many a Mel Brooks and Don Bluth film), Tim Curry (Rocky Horror) among many others, today is your lucky day, hopefully to be followed by even luckier days to come.

Music director Keith Arem, the rights holder for the Toonstruck and the unreleased material which was to become the second half of the game but was cut before the final release due to software limitations at the time (this was 1996), has expressed interest in dusting the cobwebs off the ill-fated sequel and releasing it for several platforms pending sufficient fan support. The entirety of the correspondence detailing this new and exciting information can be found at this thread inside the Toonstruck 2 Fan Project forum; the only corner of the internet concerned with a Toonstruck sequel until about three hours ago."

To quote Mr. Arem:

"...While the game was internationally critically acclaimed, the game did

not receive the sales we hoped, and the second half was never released.

Now that my career has developed, I would like to re-release an updated

version of Toonstruck to include the 2nd half of the game (iPad, online,

etc), but I would need tremendous fan support to justify its release..."

You heard the man. If you want yourself a sequel:

Join the Facebook group:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=140186316013394

Follow Twitters:

https://twitter.com/ToonstruckTwo

Check out the ongoing Toonstruck2 fan project forum:

http://toonstruck2.games4um.de/

and SIGN THE PETITION:

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/toonstrucktwo/

I posted this on GOGs forums as theres quite a fanbase for the game on there which may help get a few more signatures hopefully. This should be on the front page so it helps gain more attention. I know its not a Lucas title but people should know what Toonstruck is and how great it was and its excellent that Keith Arem is willing to re-release it with the second half of the game that was originally cut so we can all experience the real ending and how it should have originally played out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
i think this is fake...i really don't know what proves that this is true? maybe a group has made this PETITION, so they get all this money

I had concerns about it as well at first, but it is true. I emailed Keith Arem, and he replied that the petition is valid and that he does own all the assets of Toonstruck, and that he's looking for fans to show their support so he can use it to convince investors to invest in the project. You can read his whole reply at my blog here.

Also, the money doesn't go to the petition owner. The organizer of the petition recommends that you do not donate any money at the PetitionSpot petition. He does not know where the donated money goes, and all requests for information about the matter with the founder of PetitionSpot has been so far unanswered.

So, is it already finished? It sounds like a similar development schedule to DeathSpank. Completed mostly together, but split near the end. I can only assume it is not finished, as GOG would just pick it up and sell it. It doesn't have to be sold in stores. If it is not finished, just pick up some coders on ags forums, or such, and get it done.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think that's absolutely nesessary to get all 50000. The petitions for the Silver Lining and Sam & Max 2 were both successful (the latter one reached its goal in an indirect way), although the former one got only 3024 signatures out of 100000. So I believe that 10000 or about so will be more than enough.

Keith Arem just posted this over on the official Toonstruck 2 facebook page;

Hey All -

Thanks for your support and dedication. We sincerely appreciate your devotion to our project, and we hope to do you proud. It may be some time before you start to hear official announcements, but we are hoping your support helps raise awareness and confidence for an updated re-release of Toonstruck.

As you are... aware, much of the game was never released due to time and budget constraints. We are evaluating the cost and time to incorporate these assets into the initial re-release. In the coming months, I will do my best to get you behind the scenes peeks into the development process.

Thanks again for your continued support, and I hope to provide you with more news soon.

Best Regards -

Keith Arem

PCB Productions

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Bit of info from Keith on Facebook

Hey all -

Just to add to Drew's post...We are not affiliated with PetitionSpot and are not asking or collecting any money from fans.

Please keep up your support for Toonstruck, and thanks for your patience and keeping it alive. More news to come!

Keith

• 2 months later...

Archived