Home

Toonstruck 2 news

Threepwood4life

• 3 weeks later...

Just read this on the Facebook page from a Trevor Greer who is involved the enhanced edition

Well Ladies and Gentlemen, I have good news for those of you who are looking forward to the re-enhanced version of Toonstruck.

My father and Keith both worked at Virgin (Interactive?) and they are overseeing the project. As well as this, I play a part of this project.

The re-enhanced version is beginning to gain momentum and we are in the process of gathering all the old data from the original source code.

We hope to have stuff for Comicon this July, so check out the PCB Productions booth at the convention!

Anyone here going to Comic Con???

Trevor has just answered some fan questions one in particular telling which platform its coming out on first;

1. I believe our current goal lies with a handheld version of the game. But, depending on its success, repackaging it back for PC and Mac isn't too far off.

2. What I mean by "Re-enhanced" is that we are taking all the old backgrounds and sound files and upping their resolution to match the ratio of iPad, iPhone etc.

3. We don't have any current plans to send it off for a windows platform at the moment.

4. While it may be going for Apple products, im not sure if we will have it for Android. Time will tell.

5. Once I find out our booth number for Comicon, I will be sure to let you guys know so you can come on by! I will probably be there helping out all (5?) days of the Convention at the booth.

So it looks like a iOS/handheld release first then on PC and MAC, this has happened before especially with the remastered Broken Swords.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I've been reading on The Toonstruck two petition page on facebook it sounds like that Toonstruck will be getting the Kickstarter treatment very soon as the original team want to get the remastered edition with all the cut content that was originally split for the sequel released and hopefully go into production on Toonstruck 2 if its successful.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It's great that ScummVM supports Toonstruck these days. I should really get on that mission to play the game. All I've ever seen of it is a demo I had ages ago in the 90's.

I've had the game for a long time, but seems impossible to get it running on modern computers with normal methods.

Archived