Home

Annoying lines in a vid game

Totenkopf

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

On another note, anything Kaiden Alenko says in Mass Effect also annoys me

Blasphemer! Kaiden's voice was awesome! :p

Y'know, uhh...despite being Carth's voice, which I absolutely hated. Guess it was because Kaiden didn't whine all the time. ;)

The male Shepard's voice, on the other hand...(/shudder). I started playing ME1 as a male just to see the differences in the story, but by the time I was half-way through the Citadel, I wanted to strangle the PC just because of his voice. :lol: Also, pretty much any conversation with Liara had me grinding my teeth together. (The "Embrace Eternity" line was the worst, hehe.)

Other games...

Final Fantasy X: Tidus's voice was bland. His "laugh" was worse, somehow managing to remind me of a constipated owl instead of, y'know...laughing. Wakka practically reduced me to tears whenever he opened his mouth. Yuna was sorta like Tidus's voice pitched a little higher. Frankly, the only voice in the whole game that didn't annoy me at least a quarter of the time was Auron's voice.

Those are the main game voices I can think of. (shrug)

Carth could at least handle himself with a blaster. Kaiden got stumped by a simple assault rifle. point and shoot. Ashley doesn't annoy me, but the fact that no matter who you pick to die on Virmire, Kaiden or Ashley, they both complain and say it shouldn't have been them.

In Dragon Age Origins, Leliana always yells 'AAAAAHHHH!!!' (worst battle cry ever) whenever a battle starts. It's really annoying. I never liked her anyways (dunno why specifically, her personality just irks me), so I never talk to her nor have her in any party, EVER. In fact, I might just not let her even join the group at all in my next game.

In Star Wars the Force Unleashed, Kota always says 'Pull down that star destroyer!' and the way he pronounces 'Destroyer' sounds a bit distorted , which really gets on my nerves. It sounds like 'Destr-oo-y-er' or something.

There's also 'Do a barrel roll' and 'You must construct additional pylons' in two other games. XP

"You have left me...an opening!" --Disciple, KOTOR II: The Sith Lords

"Thank the Maker (or anything mentioning the Maker)!" --Dragon Age

"HISSSS!" --Giant Spider, Dragon Age (along with the CRUNCH of Overwhelm...)

"HEEHEEEHEEEHEEEHEEE!" --Henry Stauf, The 7th Guest (near-whispered giggle)

Anything the despicable, foul-mouthed main character says in Rogue Warrior

Archived