Home

Overrated Garbage

True_Avery

Top Ten Things Tysyacha Considers "Overrated Garbage"

10. Rush Limbaugh

9. Orange Juice (especially the pulpy kind with the stringy orange bits!)

8. Telemarketing (especially "robocalls")

7. Ke$ha and other "divas" who think they can sing but need auto-tuning

6. The Vampire/Zombie/Werewolf/Harry Potter Ripoff Craze

5. Math (uh, that is, any math beyond + - X / and %)

4. Mandatory Physical Education (P.E.) in the Public Schools

3. Anime (I DON'T GET IT!!!! Animation = horrible; Plot = WTF???????)

2. Facebook (I DON'T GET IT!!! Also, a SLAP IN PRIVACY'S FACE!)

1. Abstinence/abstinence-only education (Tysy = "V" by chance, not by choice!)

That's it. I claim victory as the true Lightning Rod of Hate in this thread!

lightning and tower

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Bible. Everyone's always telling me to read the Bible. Well, I read it as I would read every other fiction, and it sucks.

I don't know man, the part where God wrecks everyone's **** up was pretty cool, or the Samson part, or the gratuitous sex sprinkled all around.

And it was good.

VIDEO GAMES

The Grand Theft Auto Franchise (All of it)

World of WarCraft (The MMO, not the RTS series)

The Call of Duty Series (All of it)

The Halo Franchise (All of it)

The God of War Franchise (All of it)

The Gears of War Franchise (All of it)

The Killzone Franchise (All of it)

The Force Unleashed

The Elder Scrolls Oblivion (I still enjoyed Morrowind)

Fallout 3

The Resident Evil Franchise (All of it)

The Uncharted Series

MOVIES

Slumdog Millionaire

The Dark Knight

Iron Man (Both 1, and 2)

Transformers (Again, both 1, and 2)

Forest Gump

The Twilight Series (Bleh, *vomits*)

Braveheart

X-Men 3 (Still enjoyed the other 2 films)

TELEVISION

Reality Shows (All of it)

Family Guy

Smallville

LOST

Heroes

StarGate (All of it)

On a side-note, I'd like to acknowledge that the new Series (Series 5, Matt Smith) of Doctor Who is superior to all of David Tennant's one in almost every single aspect; from the writing, all the way down to the editing. Although, most of it is due to Steven Moffat's takeover as an executive producer on the show, and as head-writer.

The 2010 Series may not be as great, or perfect as the original classics, but they're great in their own regard, and works spectacularly as a stand-alone series.

And yes, I've indeed watched most of the old classics. ;)

I don't know man, the part where God wrecks everyone's **** up was pretty cool, or the Samson part, or the gratuitous sex sprinkled all around.
Well, God's one of the better villains I've seen in fiction, but after a while, all the genocide gets old.

Hate threads. :xp:

And people who b!tch about how much they hate people who dare to believe in something. :¬:

I get the impression it's not because they're afraid to believe. For me, it's logic: there cannot possibly have been divine intervention yesterday, as there is none today.

Another thing overrated: Any singer who is or was a Disney star. High School Musical also counts. The music is so cliched I'm surprised it's not used as a form of torture. :¬:

Another thing overrated: Any singer who is or was a Disney star. High School Musical also counts. The music is so cliched I'm surprised it's not used as a form of torture. :¬:

QFT...those litttle Disney pop tarts wouldn't know good music if it jumped up and bit them in the face. The sad thing is that Disney keeps throwing that crap out there and enough preteens and teens gobble it up that it makes Disney millions.

Mass Effect 2. An FPS/RPG hybrid with minimal RPG components makes this one of the best RPG's of all time and the game that will influence the future of RPG's? What a load of crap.

QFT. I didn't want to mention this one out of fear it would start a pointless ME vs. ME2 debate flame war.

The Bible. Everyone's always telling me to read the Bible. Well, I read it as I would read every other fiction, and it sucks.

Also QFT. I tried reading it and I quit after only a few pages as I didn't see the point. Didn't want to mention this one either out of fear it would start a holy flame war between the religious and the atheists.

Okay...I will...Reality TV....all of it! I'm not necessarily talking about educational stuff that airs on History, and Discovery and what not. I'm talking about the mindless dribble that the networks, and some cable channels, air that has dumbed down television more than I've seen in my life time. People like those idiots on Jersey Shore, Big Brother, Survivor and all that other crap get on

TV and then somehow think they have talent or that they actually matter.

Couldn't agree more. How some people find this stuff interesting is yet another thing I'll never understand. I mean, when your mother calls and starts telling you about what happened on Big Brother, a shot to the head starts to sound like fun.

3. Anime (I DON'T GET IT!!!! Animation = horrible; Plot = WTF???????)

Depends on which anime you watched. I've watched* five anime in total (two out of those five are still ongoing and I still watch them) and they were/are all great. Should you decide to give anime another try, I definitely recommend you take a look at Death Note, Code Geass and/or Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, since they are relatively short and have excellent animation and story.

* - meaning from first to last, or latest episode

VIDEO GAMES

The Halo Franchise (All of it)

I can let the listing of TFU and Oblivion go by, but how dare you include Halo in the list? ODST was an epic failure, yes, but the rest of them were pure awesomesauce my good sir. *crosses arms and has angry face* [/bungie.net member rage]

The Dark Knight

Why??? It was awesome! Except for the part where the Joker didn't win the movie. [/batman supah fandom]

StarGate (All of it)

Well I guess I can let this get by - it doesn't suit everyone's tastes I suppose; though I highly disagree.

Anime (I DON'T GET IT!!!! Animation = horrible; Plot = WTF???????)

I entirely agree. I gave it a fair chance to see if any of it was any good at all, and after gruelingly watching at least half a dozen episodes each for a bunch of different popular shows (bleach, naruto, inyuasha), I've come to agree that I don't see the point of anime.

Every character has some poorly written sob-story history, everyone wants to kill each other every other second, everyone is all smug and arrogant about themselves, and noobs get into these impossible battles and somehow always win by some sort of secret power they pull out at the last second/uberhax. So predictable, so terribly written.

Avatar TLA was good though. The only good one I've ever seen.

Harry Potter

Well.... I'm not as opinionated about this one but I would have to disagree.

^^

At boozing, yes. At bass, no.

My list, in addition to many aforementioned things (like Twilight, HP, Halo etc) :

Lil' Wayne

The guy is the most terrible artist I've ever had the misfortune of listening to. I find it hard to believe this retard sold even a single record. Crappy lyrics and repetitive beats characterise his lame music. And his proclamations of being the "best rapper alive" just makes my intolerance of him triple.

Paris Hilton

Everytime I see this female on the tv or in a mag it makes me wanna smash something. How she got to be famous is beyond me. Untalented actress, lousy showperson and glorified slut. Is this the kind of person people want to show in the media? Good lord!

Gossip Tabloids and Paparazzi

I'm sad to see there are people who actually buy these stupid mags. They're actually promoting the invasion of celebs' privacy. Why the **** should i care if Jennifer Aniston had a nipslip? Stay the **** out of their lives and get a real job.

Garfield

This used to be one of my favourite strips, but the ones I see in the paper today are downright boring. Some make absolutely no sense, and the rest have unfunny and rehashed jokes. Way to go, Jim Davis.

[Halo] ODST was an epic failure...

...did you just insult that one game in the series that had Mal, Jayne and Wash Fillion, Baldwin, and Tudyk in it?

Admittedly, most of the Halo games were a redone idea with fancy new graphics. "Ohgawdohgawd, aliens are attacking humanity and we're losing. Who will ever save us? I know, let us ask the Machine God superman-in-armor." On a side note, however, I rather enjoyed the music pieces accompanying the series.

@Anime haters: I will admit you guys have a point - Naruto and Bleach have pretty much devolved to fight, level-up, fight.

But alot of lesser known animes don't follow that formula. Example: Code Geass, Death Note, xxxHolic, School Rumble, Mushi-shi amd Haruhi Suzumiya (admittedly I've never seen the last one; I'm trying to make an educated guess) are actually pretty well-written; they're probably mediocre at worst.

I guess what I'm trying to say is...try giving it a chance, then see if you like it or hate it.

At boozing, yes. At bass, no.

Alcohollica much?

--------Some more----------

--Skinners- You desaturated a color. Yay?

--Pretentious bastards that think believing in a religion is incompatible with being intelligent

--Justin Bieber

--Europe-you're becoming more obsolete every day

--Classical musicians- It's ridiculous how big their egos are

--Fanfic-most of it sucks

--Judiasim-it's become much more of an ethnicity than a religion

--Avatar-I don't want to pay 20 bucks to watch a video game

--Twitter-No, I really don't care what you're doing now or in 20 minutes

--Facebook-Why would I want strangers to know what I'm doing in rl?

--Mandalorian language-If you know the mandalorian language by heart, I guarantee you don't have a girlfriend

--ESRB-Everyone over the age of 12 is perfectly fine with playing 'M' games

--Humanity in general

--Europe-you're becoming more obsolete every day

--Fanfic-most of it sucks

--ESRB-Everyone over the age of 12 is perfectly fine with playing 'M' games

--Humanity in general

What exactly do you mean by Europe is obsolete?

Fanfics: that's a pretty broad generalization...there are some very good fanfics in the CEC as well as at Kotorfanmedia and the authors that write them work hard on them.

ESRB: The ESRB is in place for a reason...not all children over 12 are fine playing M games and not all parents want their children playing those games.

Humanity in general: Really? Humanity does pretty well for itself despite all of its faults.

What exactly do you mean by Europe is obsolete?

Fanfics: that's a pretty broad generalization...there are some very good fanfics in the CEC as well as at Kotorfanmedia and the authors that write them work hard on them.

ESRB: The ESRB is in place for a reason...not all children over 12 are fine playing M games and not all parents want their children playing those games.

Humanity in general: Really? Humanity does pretty well for itself despite all of its faults.

@Europe-They're simply not as relevant on a global scale than North America and China. South America will soon follow.

@ESRB- Meh. Never understood that. If you're a parent, just look at the games yourself. There are a lot of games that have been 'graded' incorrectly. (Halo and Oblivion, for example)

@Fanfics- I said most suck, not all. There are a few good ones, but in general they are not that good.

@Humanity- :rofl:

I'm sure you feel grammar is overrated too eh?

Indeed. I hope I'll someday learn how to talk good.

@Working Class Hero: I seem to remember one of my teachers saying that Europe had mobile phones before here. Quite frankly, I think Europe is probably among the most advanced countries. They aren't perfect, but I sure liked it better than America when I went to the U.K. Have you even been to Europe? It's a bit presumptious to say it's overrated if you've never been there.

Archived