Home

KOTOR Won't Install...

xXDarthRidenXx

Ok so I'm having trouble installing KOTOR. It has been installed before with no problem. Now however, when i go to install it will get to 31% and say there is an error.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Component Transfer Error

Component: Cabs US

File Group: SWCABS US

File: D:\data2.cab

Error: Data Error (cyclic redundancy check).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same problem, I think, with brand new discs. Crashed somewhere about that percentage or a bit higher on disk 2 and claims it needs something on disc 1 but never asks to put it in, just crashes.

Edit: C:\...\SWKotOR2\Movies\MalMov12.bik error message is: WerFault.exe - Wrong Volume, "The wrong volume is in the drive. Please insert volume KOTOR2_1 into drive D:." Options are Cancel, Try Again, Continue. If I insert disc 1 and hit try again or continue, it all reverts to the desktop and all progress is lost.

If your disks are doing that in a pristine condition then you either have bad disks or a bad optical drive. Try installing on a different machine. If you get the same error, then you most likely have bad disks and you should contact either the vendor you bought them from or Lucasarts and exchange them. If it installs fine on the other machine, then you probably have a bad drive that you'll need to replace. Don't worry; optical drives are pretty cheap.

Archived