Home

Bioshock Infinite - Irrational Games Next Project

Revan 411

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You every own a business? Personally I am not turning over a company I built over to someone unless I trust them with my life.

That makes no sense to me. So he doesn't want to be part of Irrational Games anymore, so why does he care what happens with the name after he's gone? I just don't get that at all.

Since HED pointed out that Irrational is owned by 2K Games. The higher-ups at 2K would easily keep the name, but they agreed to let it go. For what reason they did it doesn't matter since either way, the developers involved would end up working at a different studio working on different projects from the one they started out with that had the key personnel that led the studio into certain directions.

As I keep mentioning... is Rare the Microsoft owned developer still Rare? It has the name, but they don't make games any more, it's just a bunch of people making clothes and items for the 360 avatars now. So is the name really all that important or are the people important? And if the people are important, that would mean that if those same people end up at a different studio within 2K, then they'll continue to work on other titles, possibly future BioShock games helmed by 2K.

Irrational was already owned by 2K Games.

He must have still retained some control or this would not be his decision.

So is the name really all that important or are the people important?

The people are what is really important, but name can give the illusion of importance.

Say you started Moo Cow Glue Company, you made the best glue ever and you take pride and instill that pride in your employees for producing the best glue. Then you decide to sell and I buy it. I use cheap materials and now Moo Cow Glue Company produces a lousy product. Still some people will buy it just because they remember the good old days when it was the best glue on the market. They will not know Lynk is gone and I am a jerk just after the money.

Think it would even be a bigger deal for a company where creativity and innovation is important such a designing games.

Archived