Home

New Release Structure & Schedule

DarkStarMojo

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am super interested in both the Dark Forces mod and the Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight mod. Keep up your incredible dedicated hard work. I can't believe it has been 15 years since Dark Forces and 13 since JK...I never completed Dark Forces and I had to cheat and use a guide to make it through Jedi Knight, I was quite young, but also now hearing about it, JK did have incredibly large and complex levels, something that needs to be explored again. I feel Lucasarts could make a killing updating these classic games (and X-Wings, TIE Fighter, etc.) but what do I know. I think these games were incredible but they are focused on coming up with BRAND new stories and nonsense to use new engines...seriously, just update Dark Forces and JK with new technology and resell them, a lot of gamers haven't experienced these games and I remember when I played them they really felt dark, mysterious, and hard...I didn't have the same experience with JK2 and JKA...those had their moments but weren't as seedy and dangerous feeling!

Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight is my all-time favorite Star Wars game. Granted, I don't think it is the best--I actually believe that Knights of the Old Republic is the best, and that Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast had the best storyline in the Jedi Knight series--but the original Jedi Knight will always be my favorite for nostalgic purposes. My dad bought it for me on my birthday back in 1997, and I just thought it was the greatest thing around (which was confirmed when my father, the same man who bought it for me, threatened to break it when my grades started slipping).

Words cannot express how in love I was with this game! No other game has captured me like that (well, Final Fantasy VII and VIII came fairly close).

Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight is my all-time favorite Star Wars game. Granted, I don't think it is the best--I actually believe that Knights of the Old Republic is the best, and that Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast had the best storyline in the Jedi Knight series--but the original Jedi Knight will always be my favorite for nostalgic purposes. My dad bought it for me on my birthday back in 1997, and I just thought it was the greatest thing around (which was confirmed when my father, the same man who bought it for me, threatened to break it when my grades started slipping).

Words cannot express how in love I was with this game! No other game has captured me like that (well, Final Fantasy VII and VIII came fairly close).

Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast is my all-time favorite Star Wars game. I was blown away the first time I played it. But my experience playing Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight was right up there. On the day JK came out I bought the game and my first 3D accelerator that I ever owned for my PC that day. I played a game with 3D accelerated graphics for the first time in my life that day. With the game being JK it was even more awesome. I couldn't hardly go to sleep that night because of it. For the next 5 years I was downloading every single player level I could find for JK and MoTS.

Archived