Home

Psychonauts 2

The Tingler

I am absolutely convinced that one of the four digital-only games Double Fine has in the pipeline is Psychonauts-related, if not a full sequel.

I draw your attention to this recent Eurogamer interview with Tim Schafer, in which he doesn't deny working on it. In the same interview he also doesn't deny working on digital-only games (which would be announced shortly afterwards).

But I really want to call your attention to this quote:

The main thing that's stopped me is that we can only do one thing at a time. If we can get it to the point where we're making multiple games, then we can work on the sequel while we're exploring new IPs at the same time,

This is EXACTLY what they are doing now! I don't think you can get more of a hint without full-on announcing the damn thing!

Agree? Or just want-or-not-want?

Well, he talked a lot about the Brutal Legend sequel that EA declined to purchase. Didn't he say he was sort of surprised when they didn't want to do it?

There are only two games he can really make a sequel to, I guess, unless LucasArts have offered him a license (no evidence of this) and I would say that a Brutal Legend sequel is the most logical financially speaking. But if it's Psychonauts that wouldn't be the most unbelievable thing, so who knows.

I don't know how I feel about a Psychonauts sequel. The game pretty much set itself up for one, and I do love those characters and that world, but then again I said that about Brutal Legend. And I'll say that about the next game.

Though, I still say you're reading too much into it. I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's not something I'd bet money on. You could be right, but I'd peg this as "far-fetched" just now.

So did anyone think Inception was inspired by Psychonauts? ;D

yes christopher nolan left clues in the film such as for example how come u never see a computer in the film because psychonauts was only ever released on xbox 360 and also theres more such as why is leanardo de caprio in it because he's faverat game is psychonauts . there are more clues if u wana no email me at inceptionconspiracy@geocities.com

Archived