Home

Cameo - Republic Commandos to appear in Clone Wars Season 3

Alexrd

I dont hate the original trilogy, just saying that lucas arts were flogging a dying horse both times(in terms of the public, not hardcore fans). It resurrected it with the OT and its trying to keep it going with TCW, but animation isnt as good in real life, and theyre stretching TCW out over a short time period when lots of EU books were written, and weve already seen they messed up mandolore, what will they bump into and override the EU on next? I never said ashoka would die, just leave the picture and not be mentioned.

I understand that you never said that Ahsoka would die...I was saying that we don't know what will happen and giving two possibilities of how they might "kill off" a character.

Just to get things straight the OT is the original trilogy (ANH, ESB, ROTJ or Ep.4, Ep. 5, Ep. 6) so saying that LA resurrected SW with the OT is incorrect, it would be correct to say they resurrected SW with the PT.

Yes TCW is just a method for revenue. BUT, it is meant to be a reboot, which is why there was a little while between ROTS and TCW the movie (not enough IMO). Therefore it is not supposed to be meant for people like us, it is meant for people/kids who either have no idea what SW is, have just heard about SW (b/c it is part of our culture) through games, pop culture, etc.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Rinku

sorry, mistype on my part, but I totally agree on all of your last point though. Pity theres nothing for hardcore fans in the foreseeable future (e.g tv, films, games, and no good books for the rest of the year except Fate of the Jedi 6 and Red Harvest - hope its as good as death troopers).

@Rinku

sorry, mistype on my part, but I totally agree on all of your last point though. Pity theres nothing for hardcore fans in the foreseeable future (e.g tv, films, games, and no good books for the rest of the year except Fate of the Jedi 6 and Red Harvest - hope its as good as death troopers).

Its ok ;) (Wasn't trying to sound negative or mean was just trying to fuel debate).

Agreed I haven't been that impressed with any book since I read Death Troopers (except for FotJ).

I hope that after Fate of the Jedi concludes that there won't be anymore giant book series's. Seriously, there's NJO, LOTF, and FOTJ, we don't need anymore long book series's that are like 9-25 books long, the story gets hard to follow if you miss a few and it gets old and boring after the first 5 books. Oh and I heard that Karen Traviss is now writing Halo books. She will be writing a series of books telling about the events that happen after Halo 3, maybe we'll even learn Master Chief's fate? The series starts with a book that's a sequel to the Halo book, Ghosts of Onyx.

I hereby declare this thread to be the sovereign property of Beskar Enterprises™ and The Collective™.

All your posts are belong to us.©

[/@thread]

Uh, no.

I hope that after Fate of the Jedi concludes that there won't be anymore giant book series's. Seriously, there's NJO, LOTF, and FOTJ, we don't need anymore long book series's that are like 9-25 books long, the story gets hard to follow if you miss a few and it gets old and boring after the first 5 books.

It's not that difficult to follow if you use Wookieepedia to catch up on what has happened to characters if you've missed a book or two.

No one is making you buy or read them anyway.

Oh and I heard that Karen Traviss is now writing Halo books. She will be writing a series of books telling about the events that happen after Halo 3, maybe we'll even learn Master Chief's fate? The series starts with a book that's a sequel to the Halo book, Ghosts of Onyx.

Not entirely sure what this has to do with Commandos appearing in The Clone Wars, but as far as i'm concerned Haloids and GearHeads (she's writing Gears of War 3 too) are welcome to her.

• 1 month later...

Archived