Home

Yoda

Alexrd

Hopefully Yoda won't have much more to do with the plot than in this cutscene.

I agree, they have a habit of using Trilogy defining events and characters to "Sell" another character, and in the process cheapen the original experience... Degobah and Yoda's teaching were a very important part of the Original Trilogy and Luke as a Character, this kinda screws that, the same way Jacen Solo's suffering and eventual besting of the "Embrace of Pain" at the hands of Vergere and the Yuuzhan Vong, was cheapened by Legacy (Comic) having Darth Krayt do the same thing only years earlier. Yoda's appearance and in fact Starkillers existence cheapen the original trilogy, But, are awesome.. that is why I think of TFU/II as STRICTLY non-canon, I'm able to enjoy them without thinking Luke was actually the least powerful force user ever lol.

Remember there is dialogue from the first trailer that wasn't shown in that cut scene. ;)

True, but not a whole lot. I'd be surprised if Yoda did more in this game than talk to the apprentice a few times. He doesn't seem to know who Yoda is in this cutscene, either.

I agree, they have a habit of using Trilogy defining events and characters to "Sell" another character, and in the process cheapen the original experience... Degobah and Yoda's teaching were a very important part of the Original Trilogy and Luke as a Character, this kinda screws that, the same way Jacen Solo's suffering and eventual besting of the "Embrace of Pain" at the hands of Vergere and the Yuuzhan Vong, was cheapened by Legacy (Comic) having Darth Krayt do the same thing only years earlier. Yoda's appearance and in fact Starkillers existence cheapen the original trilogy, But, are awesome.. that is why I think of TFU/II as STRICTLY non-canon, I'm able to enjoy them without thinking Luke was actually the least powerful force user ever lol.

See and I thought Jacen Solo and the Yuuzhan Vong cheapened Star Wars as a whole :waive1:

There's nothing about Galen (Starkiller) that cheapens Star Wars for me. Sure, he may have been extraordinarily strong in the Force, but his power was untamed. It controlled him, rather than him having control over it. This is why Luke became as great as he did: because he learned the ways of the Force in a timely, responsible manner, and eventually came to do even greater things than Galen ever could.

This is why, for me, The Force Unleashed is perfectly canonical, and actually serves as a way of making Luke shine rather than shafting him. It's the classic with-great-power-comes-great-responsibility moral.

There's nothing about Galen (Starkiller) that cheapens Star Wars for me. Sure, he may have been extraordinarily strong in the Force, but his power was untamed. It controlled him, rather than him having control over it. This is why Luke became as great as he did: because he learned the ways of the Force in a timely, responsible manner, and eventually came to do even greater things than Galen ever could.

This is why, for me, The Force Unleashed is perfectly canonical, and actually serves as a way of making Luke shine rather than shafting him. It's the classing with-great-power-comes-great-responsibility moral.

Wile your reasoning is good I (and I'm sure many other people) just see Lukasarts latest products as a sort of "fan fiction". Something to "kill the time", but not really "canon"

With all of that being said I must admit TFU2 has me interested. Starkiller seems more mature and maybe will be likable this time around.

Also the guy making Yodas voice is... not... so... goooood...

I was hoping that Yoda would look like he did in ESB but just a little bit younger. The recent cinematic with him looks like it was not long after RoTS. Still excited to see Yoda in the game.

This is why, for me, The Force Unleashed is perfectly canonical, and actually serves as a way of making Luke shine rather than shafting him. It's the classic with-great-power-comes-great-responsibility moral.

^ I totally agree!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived