Home

Force Lightning Saber??

bryzz

ok so i want to incorporate a custom lightsaber into a mod but i wanted the blade to look unique - i saw a mod "unique lightsaber blades" and it made me think of when in the movies they would block force lightning with their lightsabers but i use the mod that makes the blades flicker so...

i was wondering if someone could make a blade with lightning traveling around it - like this picture - but i was also hoping that the lightning would change around the blade and the blade would flicker - it is hard to explain - similar to the stun baton but 3-D - if any of that makes sence - even if no one wants to do it - i would like to know if it is possible

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
sith-inquisitor1.jpg

I am not sure if it is possible but I think it is done in the Force Unleashed games so you could show that to show what you mean.

i do not own the Force Unleashed games and i have not played them but i google image searched and couldnt find what it was i was talking about - i only mean the lightsaber - the pic i used has force lightning up the arm but i used it because of the lightsaber

I don't know what you mean but perhaps someone else here does.

Well, I'm not exactly sure how the blade texture is mapped on the blade section of the lightsabers, however, the texture itself is an overhead view - in that it looks almost like you put a saber on the ground, and looked down directly at the tip of the blade(not counting the black background).

Trouble with other effects dealing with saber blades, is that BioWare only intended the saber blades to be as simple as in the movies, in that nothing other than the saber of another blade(or blaster bolts), can interact with it. While some comics, or other video games, might have the lightsabers able to block force lightning, or other things, KOTOR's engine isn't likely to allow that. While something like this: Unique Saber Blades, might make the blades close to what you mean, it also lets one see the blade planes a little easier(meaning that the blade is made of five rectangle sections, which are invisible when the blade is inactive). Not a glaring problem, and definitely an interesting look for the blades, but still not exactly what your looking for.

that Unique Saber Blades mod is what i was talking about in the first post

i was not thinking of blocking force lightning or anything like that - i know that the engine is highly unlikely to allow that

i was just thinking of having a lightsaber blade that looked like it had "lightning" up and down and around the blade - thats why i am trying to figure out how it is mapped - to see if it can be made to look like that - but all the time - no game interaction changes - just looks for the one saber i am adding so that it is really noticable from the rest - i only was thinking of the blocking force lightning as an example of the look - with it running up and down ec.

for a slightly different effect, would it be possible to reskin the special effects for flurry, power attack etc. and have them lightning based? that would look pretty cool aswell, and also be a bit more in keeping with the whole idea of lightning lightsabres.

power attack effect would be good if it could be made to look like lightning but how would you get the effect to go with the sabor blade so that its only there when the blade is out

also a lightning flurry effect would be cool - it could happen all the time with the one saber - it would be really cool but it wouldnt be the blade - it would be more of a hilt thing then

and N-5: that is getting real close

ok i messed around with it some more - the texture gets distorted so much - what i did was i started with all black - then put 9 white dots - 3 rows of 3 - evenly around to find where they all were

the middle dot was the blade - the 2 beside it hor. ended up next to the blade half way up it

the middle dot bottom row was pointless - its like inside the end of the hilt so you cant even see it

the 2 hor. next to that one were down just as low but off to the sides

the top row of 3 was odd - the middle was a little above the end of the blade and the 2 next to it were a little lower so it made a triangle shape at the top

it dont think it would be be possible to make a "lightning" saber with the blade texture but depending on how the power attack can be manipulated - i dont know how much those effects can be manipulated - it could be done i guess

what you had a link to N-5/Prudii is really good - the lightning can go from the top to middle and bottom to middle but it never goes away from the blade and comes back - if that makes sence - it makes a sort of outline looking thing around the actual blade instead of zig zagging back to and back away form like the way it is in the pic i posted - so it doesnt quite have that "electrical" look

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i have been trying now for awhile - messing around with a bunch of things i thought would work - i still cant get the right look

Ugh, you guys. Making a lightning saber shouldn't be that hard.

i think it may be that hard - it doesnt really look like lightning - more of a triangle of static

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not 100% sure about this method but I know for a fact that the PC has body nodes on it. Meaning points on the body that can be used in scripts such as left arm, right arm, chest, head, .etc. I've played around with force powers such as lightning and drain life but never had success. During this time I figured out that you and have these power animations start at any body node and travel to another point in the game.

Now this is the part I'm not sure about. If there are body nodes on weapons or if you can make them in theory you might be able to make the Force Lightning animation travel between the two nodes of the lightsaber upon it activating, deactivating, or in combat, or however you like. Would this be possible.

• 2 weeks later...
Now this is the part I'm not sure about. If there are body nodes on weapons or if you can make them in theory you might be able to make the Force Lightning animation travel between the two nodes of the lightsaber upon it activating, deactivating, or in combat, or however you like. Would this be possible.

hmm, i dont kno if its possible. I dont do much with the model side of things. i dont think i would be able to. i stick to the texture and scripting side of things. it sounds like an amazing idea if someone could get it to work. it would look really cool like that

Archived