Home

Abuot Grim fandango 2

kolto

some guz r talking abuot GF2 :thmbup1: you should check it out.... if u don't know abuot it yet.......:)

short peek....

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2007/11/06/grim-fandango-2-and-other-sequels-tim-schafer-would-love-to-make-but-he-prefers-to-create-new-games-like-brutal-legend.htm

and full dialogue ... witch was made by play boy :confused::confused:

http://www.playboy.com/magazine/features/video-game-blowout/video-game-blowout7.html

Err I barely understood your grammar. But the prospect of Grim Fandango 2 doesn't particularly interest me. Grim Fandango was one of those really good classic games, and I don't foresee a particularly good sequel coming out more then twelve years after it's release.

Not to mention that Grim Fandango's storyline was wrapped up in it's game. There's nothing else to flesh out, unless they either somehow want to continue it, or start something new.

Not if they're shedding workers and cutting back on outside contracts, if rumor is to be believed. Hard to see how they could do much of anything if that's actually their current strategy. 'Discharge the troops! Pay off the mercenaries! Onwards to victory!' Er...

I am not really speaking about their current state as a company. Some games have been developed in people's garages and become popular. I am mostly speaking on whether Grim Fandango 2 would have a story as good as Grim Fandango 1. Grim Fandango 1 set a very high bar and likely the sequel will not be anywhere near as good.

But it will be generally pleasing to see Lucasarts returning to one of their most loved franchises, like they did with Monkey Island.

EDIT: Also I cant believe I didnt notice before, but those articles are a little outdated. One of them is from 2007, and the other is on the back page of one advertising Kane and Lynch Dead Men, also released in 2007. So any rumors that Lucasarts is developing a sequel 3 years later might be simply myth right now.

But then, TMI was contracted out to Telltale. I'm not sure how much of TMI was handled by LEC people when so many of the non-LEC people are former LEC. As you say, you weren't talking about the state of the company, but if they are going to cut back on outside contracts that makes another Monkey Island from Telltale less likely. Not to mention a Telltale (or DoubleFine) GF-related game. Although, if Tim were to lead a return to the Land of the Dead, that'd be way cool.

Rumors of a GF2 go further back than 2007, of course. It's not as if LEC has ever announced anything, or hinted at an announcement, so it's not as it's any kind of.... What's more pathetic than vaporware?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I wish Lucas Arts would simply re-release Grim Fandango. Just clean up the figures, make everything crisp and smooth (High Res) and then sell it again. I'd buy that, even for 60 bucks.

Agree with Hurley. I doubt a sequel would even be able to touch the original. Even with them going over it to make everything higher resolution, being able to replicate everything and some would be a feat.

Archived