Home

Difficulty, what changes?

Kalenden

Kotor and TSL aren't difficult games. But, for my 3rd playthrough, I'd like to make them somewhat more challenging.

My question is, what does the difficulty level change in the Gameplay Options screen? Does it add VP to enemies? Make them hit harder? Or does it just make your character weaker? Does it create a challenging game or isn't worth the effort?

I'd like it to be just so that the enemies do more damage and have more VP, and that the Exile isn't weakened in any way, should this not be the case, can any of you recommend a mod that makes the game more difficult? (Not one of those mods that add levels to an enemy and make you level up insanely fast .)

On my first runthrough of TSL I boosted the difficulty directly to hard. (Mostly because I beat the original Kotor on hard only a few days before in preparation).

I found myself having to return back to easy to finish the first playthrough. I don`t think it makes you weaker per-say, but I did notice the enemies being much harder to kill.

This mod called: Tactical Rebalance is advertised toward making combat in TSL harder.

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/KOTOR2_Tactical_Rebalance;114797

Thanks for the quick reply! I hope it is like you say it is ( enemies harder to kill without making you weaker ) and I'll start my playthrough soon.

Also thanks for the mod suggestion, but I stupidly forgot to mention that I already have quite some mods installed ( under which the restoration mod ) and that likely most mods will be incompatible.

Archived