Home

Rumor: Lucasarts Cancels Force Unleashed 3

Prime

where there is loss, there is also hope. hopefully this will mean that higher quality games will be released instead of ****tier ones in larger numbers. just because TFU is being canceled doesn't mean the end of star wars games. it just means we can finally put starkiller to rest, and with him, his strange way of holding a saber. or two sabers.

It still amazes me that Lucasarts would even need a Shake up... They do Star Wars Stuff, I mean, you could put a Star Wars Sticker on Dog S***, and make a killing, they need shooting up, never-mind shaking up. Make another Jedi Knight game, or an SPRPG KotOR and watch the awards come flying at you.

Thank god... Atleast the top level's know how to not live a lie... Haden Blackman ended up thinking TFU was a smashing success because it sold 6 million worldwide even though it got a mere 7.0 rating at gamespot... Massive sales are expected cause c'mon, its "starwars" You give fans the most crappiest game they'll buy it. I'd vouch for that because i would do the same... Maybe this meegan guy will start churning out some real good stuff now...

News Flash: TFU was a smashing success. It made Lucasarts millions and probably well outsold it's development cost. The critical rating matters absolutely zero to a game developer so long as people buy the game and it is profitable.

Now...as far as a shakeup at Lucasarts goes I'm not sure that cutting off your external developers is such a good idea because companies such as Bioware and Obsidian etc...are good at what they do. I'd have to think back a long way to come up with a game developed strictly at Lucasarts that was a monumental success. The cancellation of an already in development TFU III likely means that this new president either doesn't think much of the series or doesn't think that another one would be a good idea from a business prospective. Lucasarts did need a shakeup imo because aside from a few things much of what they're churning out over there has been dribble. I would love to see them move away from all of this kids stuff (Clone Wars anyone) and get back to things like the KOTOR, Battlefront, and Jedi Knight franchises.

News Flash: TFU was a smashing success. It made Lucasarts millions and probably well outsold it's development cost.

Outselling the development cost is the primary goal when a game is first released. If a game doesn't it is very likely it will not get a sequel.

TFU did so and then some.

Oh good god! Its not even that bad. Why do people insist on making such a big deal out of this?

it may not be a big deal to you, but it's not only myself having a quite substantial issue with his faggy way of wielding the notorious lightsaber. check the 'backhanded saber' thread for specific people also hating this.

they definitely need to bring out a TFU3, but still lookin forward to playing TFU2 even though its not out yet, they'd be crazy not to, as long as we can get the choice to use whatever lightsaber style we want to use, whether doublebladed like darth maul, or single like he had in the 1st or 2 lightsabers as he is using in TFU2

Well nothing is set in stone even if this rumor is true. I find it idiotic that Lucasarts would not have any external development in the future. It's been a long time since Lucasarts has made anything really good on it's own and Paul Meegan and the other suits over there will probably be kicking a dead horse if they try. Then again who knows . . . the future is always in motion. :yoda:

it may not be a big deal to you, but it's not only myself having a quite substantial issue with his faggy way of wielding the notorious lightsaber. check the 'backhanded saber' thread for specific people also hating this.

Well I guess this wouldn't be the internet if there wasn't a subject someone didn't hate. As far as the franchise being cancelled by the new boss and the third party developers no longer in the equation, im curious as to what they'll work on next.

Unfortunately without any confirmation of anything all we can do is speculate. I would hope that if LucasArts does decide to revisit those iconic franchises it will be with their former partners and not strictly internally because honestly I think if they choose to do it themselves they'd just %$@# it up.

First Kotor 3 now this. What will they think of next. They are really startin to get on my nerves. Its funny how the cancel games that people want, and games that are good. Dont get it. Suck it LA

Meh...I don't see an overwhelming need for TFU III unless they're going to go in a different direction with it. I like TFU, but Starkiller's story needs to wrap up in TFU II imo.

As for KOTOR 3...well that's another thread :)

There are lots of reasons developers cancel things...but something had to be done at Lucasarts, and if this little shuffle results in slightly less crappy products then I'll get over it.

Archived