Home

Save the Lars Homestead!

Astor

Four Star Wars fans are planning to travel to Tunisia and restore the Lars Homestead to it's original condition, allowing more generations of Star Wars fans the opportunity to visit a real part of Star Wars, and movie History.

Link*

The Pioneers were able to see with their own eyes that the Lars Homestead - lovingly dubbed the Igloo - has suffered tremendously from the climate in Tunisia.

Soon this iconic movie location will perish and thus be lost to Star Wars fans forever. We cannot allow that to happen.

I hope they meet their target - it'd be a shame if it were allowed to fall apart.

* Please note that i'm not linking this to beg people to donate, merely highlighting what I think to be a worthwhile and excellent project.

I don't know, wouldn't it be a more productive idea to build some poor beggar in Tunisia a house to live in? The Lars Homestead got featured in Star Wars and pretty much fulfilled its purpose.

What a highly selective time to play the altruistic guilt card!

Guilt_Advisory_System_380.gif

*Why dont we all stop wasting money on games and donate it to charity?

*Why does does my cat scratch my couch despite my HAIKU poem pleading with him not to?

These are both questions that that tear at the fabric of our hedonist society :thmbup1:

If that's what they want to do - then more power to them. If they brought it to something they could charge tourists to see, they could then donate that to charity...or buy a flamingo pink Lamborghini :p

mtfbwya

*Why dont we all stop wasting money on games and donate it to charity?

Because we want to fulfil the purpose behind games and their inherent nature of requiring to be played. The Lars Homestead, as I said, has already fulfilled its purpose by making it into the movie it is famous for. If I buy a pink Lamborghini, it is because I want to drive, and the Lamborghini, as an object, is intended to be driven until it breaks down or until Signor Lamborghini says otherwise.

And because I like pink and it is the nature of pink to demand liking the pink

Because we want to fulfil the purpose behind games and their inherent nature of requiring to be played. The Lars Homestead, as I said, has already fulfilled its purpose by making it into the movie it is famous for. If I buy a pink Lamborghini, it is because I want to drive, and the Lamborghini, as an object, is intended to be driven until it breaks down or until Signor Lamborghini says otherwise.

And because I like pink and it is the nature of pink to demand liking the pink

There is something in this more than natural, if philosophy could find it out.

The Lars Homestead, as I said, has already fulfilled its purpose by making it into the movie it is famous for.
But now it has a new purpose. As a vacation destination. It bring enjoyment to people, plus generates jobs/revenue for various business involved in tourism.

I think keeping a iconic film landmark around both helps the local economy and keeps history alive.

But now it has a new purpose. As a vacation destination. It bring enjoyment to people, plus generates jobs/revenue for various business involved in tourism.

I think keeping a iconic film landmark around both helps the local economy and keeps history alive.

Makes sense to me. :thmbup1:

Archived