Home

driver issues with JA/JO

Navrez

i have ati hd radeon 4870 with the newest drivers installed , i think this actualy gives the problems with my graphics on both games i have sound but (i have grey screen with yellow menu thingies) does anyone know how to fix this thx in advance

sounds like you're missing textures, this isn't any sort of pirated version is it? did it work properly before a driver update? if so, have you tried this?

i bought the games trew steam i had installed older drivers in the past the games work perfect than , but my bfbc2 is messedup with the older drivers installed i allrdy downloaded the atioglxx file and copied it to my gamedata , but i can try what you suggest thx

• 1 month later...

I have this problem also. Both for JA and JO on legitimate CDs I have purchased in game stores.

JA is it's own game, and JO comes from the Best of Star Wars 5 game CD set.

I am running Windows 7, 2GB RAM, 256MB nVidia GeForce 7600GT, all with the latest drivers. I installed DirectX that came with both CDs. My gfx card will only allow me to go to DirectX9.0c. I have installed the DirectX9.0c redist pack.

I have tried running the game as admin, with every other available setting. Both MP and SP.

I used to play JA and JO on this exact machine before the Win 7 update.

I have re-installed countless times, nothing changes.

I think I may have to down-grade my GFX drivers, but I can't remember which was the one that worked. I will try it however as this is the only thing I can think of that is wrong.

If anyone has any other ideas, please help.

EDIT: Well,teh Roll-back didn't work either. There has to be some kind of configuration setup malfunction here, right?

• 2 weeks later...

Solution found. Well, at least it worked for me.

Uninstall "SciTech GLDirect".

Voila.

I figured it out when I loaded my XP partition and installed JA and JO and they ran fine. I changed my resolution once and the next tie I restarted the game i got a "VM_create on UI failed" error (or something similar) I downloaded GLDirect, to fic the problem, and started the game and got the white screen problem I had with Windows 7. I uninstalled the program and both JA and JO went back to working fine. I switched back to Windows 7 and tried it, and awesome results. Happy man here.

Archived