Home

Petition to release a patch for the PS3 version of Brutal Legend

kia001

Hello there!

Sorry to bother you, but I think as a fellow Tim Schafer fans you might be concerned with this.

Brutal Legend is a great game, made real by the tremendous effort of many great people — developers, artists and publishers. Unfortunately the release of 1.2 patch had introduced a bug critical enough to make the game unplayable for a significant portion of PS3 users, known as the "stuck at the loading screen" bug. This petition was created to address this issue.

The detailed description of this and a few other bugs can be seen in the petition itself.

If you think that this is important, please show your support by signing the petition below.

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/patchbrutallegendps3

As someone who also fell victim to the PS3 bug before I could get 100% in Brutal Legend, I think that your cause is worthy but your method ineffectual. I would take Double Fine's suggestion and email EA Customer Support and encourage others to do the same. If they decide to put the patch out, it would be because a sufficiency of requests was sent that way rather than because of anything at Petition Spot. Seriously, you're wasting your time.

email EA Customer Support and encourage others to do the same. If they decide to put the patch out, it would be because a sufficiency of requests was sent that way rather than because of anything at Petition Spot.

I did actually, as well as lot of other people. Unfortunately all they got from customer Support were inane suggestions and sometimes payoffs. I think it's even possible that Customer support doesn't really have much contact with the real decision makers.

To me it looks the other way around. Several unorganized calls to support may not attract any attention, but a petition with a considerable number of signers can have at least a slight chance of success.

Just to expand a bit on the problem.

If you own a PS3 and have bought Brutal Legend anytime from December 2009 to now, there's a pretty big chance that you're screwed, and will never be able to finish the game. The fact that such a serious bug is not fixed for over 8 months already makes EA look bad (on the console market a publisher is responsible for a lot of final testing and publication of patches). But what really makes it a disgrace is the fact that the patch itself is pretty much ready. Double Fine (developer) has stated, quote:

"If you are experiencing a PS3 game stuck at loading screen issue or your stats have been wiped, these are known bugs. Unfortunately, the fixes that we have built for it have not been deployed for reasons beyond our control. While there are no workarounds, we do encourage people to contact Customer Support at Electronic Arts to voice their concerns or desires – they can be reached at support.ea.com." ( http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/3329/ )

The only thing that stops them from outright calling EA out is a reluctance to burn the bridges in the industry.

Why hasn't EA released a patch yet? Only their bigwigs know for certain, but people have speculated that they just don't want to spend another dime on a product that didn't do so well commercially (and a lot of blame for this lies on a bad advertising campaign by EA).

What we're asking for is not unrealistic or naïve in any way. Companies are expected to provide quality support for their games and there are working industry pipelines already in place to do this quickly and efficiently. EA is already suffering from their decision, having to buy off dissatisfied customers with free games and coupons. I believe that if enough people show that they won't stand for such behavior, EA will be forced to change their position.

If you think that this is important, please show your support by signing the petition below.

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/patchbrutallegendps3

Yeah, I'm not sure if this helps but there's really no reason NOT to sign this. I completely support the cause.

Incidentally, anyone up for an online match? I suck, but hey.

I'm always up for a match. It's been a really long time since I last played so I must be a bit rusty. You did have the PS3 version of the game? It would be somewhat difficult to have a battle with different consoles.

This PS3 bug is annoying even though you can get around it by leaving you game on and finishing it from like 80% and onward, just don't tell EA that. People shouldn't have to play this far, save and quit, and then find out their game is ****ed.

I'll sign, even though I got around it the hard way months ago.

It's possible to delete the game data to undo the patch but there were some problems with the unpatched version, obviously, since the patch was necessary in the first place. I think the game was patched more than once and it's not possible to choose a previous patch, as far as I know. It's the latest version or nothing.

I can't remember how it all went down but I think there really weren't any noticeable problems with the first patch, unless you count the multiplayer stats problems and such but I think they were fixed without a patch on the user's side.

It's all pretty confusing and frustrating.

Archived