Home

Avatar Special Edition Now In Cinema..

Taak Farst

..Does noone else hate this? this is, in a way, a film equivalent of DLC..release an incomplete film can get billions then a year later release it again with all the included deleted footage (DLC if you will)..

It just seems like a really greedy marketing stunt..

Discuss.

Well, I definitely won't go to the cinema to watch it, but seeing how I'm one of those who enjoyed Avatar, despite the predictability and a simple story, I'll most likely get a DVD or a Blu-Ray of the Special Edition.

As for releasing an incomplete film and later releasing a version with deleted material, well if you go by that logic, the same thing could be said for any film that had a Special Edition/Director's Cut Home release. However, this is the first time an extended version is released in theaters first and I do wonder how much they will actually earn that way, compared to the earnings on the sales of DVD and Blu-Ray home releases of the Special Edition. :indif:

I'd go see it again even if there was no change from the original film. I think of it as renting a big-ass screen to watch a good movie on. Sometimes it's just worth a few dollars.

If you think it's a greedy marketing stunt, there is a simple solution: don't go see it.

Might be my chance to watch it on 3d. Then again I can't be bothered to watch this for another 3 hours of my life.

well exactly. the "extended" dvds with all the deleted stuff is fine, but releasing it at the cinema all over again just to get even more money, and then probably release it on dvd is just irritating..might as well have done it all at once..

^^^ Doesn't matter, there are way too many zero suit Samus avatar around right now, I'm confuuuuuu.

And very similar user titles too. I feel your confusion.

Tiny attempt to make this post on topic: I can't be bothered to see the movie again. Didn't like it the first time around, and 9 min of new footage won't make it better.

Archived