Home

Sam & Max sale and Episode 5

Threepwood4life

I just read the new blog posted over at TellTale and for next 3 weeks theres a sale on where you can get the whole season 3 or complete collection of Sam & Max seasons cheap. From reading this and reading forum posts it sounds like their hinting that episode 5 of The Devils Playhouse won't be released until mid-September (ish) during the sale period.

I'm surprised as I thought it was scheduled for August. Rumours going around is that they've done this to help shorten the gap between this season ending and the rumoured start up of the Back to the Future episodes near the end of the year. Some people believe the 1st episode of BTTF will be out by late October around the time the film trilogy comes out on Blu-Ray which i think would be too soon.

I bought the complete collection last time it was on sale for $50, and that seemed like a really good deal then, but I guess they really want people to play these games. I mean, 40 bucks. That's five dollars more than each season was when they first came out.

As for episode 5, I didn't really expect it to come out in August, considering there's no set release date yet. It's usually revealed a couple of weeks beforehand, and there's not a couple of weeks left in August. I can't wait for when they do release it, and I hope they announce the date soon.

Between TMI and The Devil's Playhouse I think Telltale have finally shifted up a gear into full-on LucasArts Adventure production.

The puzzles still aren't quite there yet, but The Devil's Playhouse has been seriously goddamned awesome. Maybe the episode 5 delay is just to make episode 5 as slick as possible.

It's the best Telltale series definitely, better than even Tales of Monkey Island in my opinion (and I loved TMI). Between TMI and The Devil's Playhouse I think Telltale have finally shifted up a gear into full-on LucasArts Adventure production.

Um... sorry this made me laugh lol!

LucasArts don't do full-on adventure production. They do disappointment. 10+ years ago LucasArts did full-on adventure production.

Telltale out-LucasArts LucasArts by a million to one.

Um... sorry this made me laugh lol!

LucasArts don't do full-on adventure production. They do disappointment. 10+ years ago LucasArts did full-on adventure production.

Telltale out-LucasArts LucasArts by a million to one.

I dig what you mean, Snugglecakes, but I believe Tingler capitalized the "A" in "Lucasarts Adventure" because he was referring to the level of quality and creativity that characterized the genre Lucasarts' glory days, not to refer to that company's contemporary standard.

Archived