Home

Eragon vs. LOTR

Platypus Man

Which series do you believe to be greater?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which series do you believe to be greater?

First of all, I am reffering to the novels. There is no way I would ever refer to the dreaded Eragon movie :S.

I am curious to see which series you, oh honored members of LucasForums, believe to be ther greater.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Eragon FTW

Seriously??? LOTR, obviously! Also, consider the fact that Eragon,and almost ALL today's fantasy stories take inspiration from LOTR...

You should also realize that LOTR was written by a WW1 vet university prof. with year of life experience, and Eragon was written by some 20 year old kid?

Seriously??? LOTR, obviously! Also, consider the fact that Eragon,and almost ALL today's fantasy stories take inspiration from LOTR...

You should also realize that LOTR was written by a WW1 vet university prof. with year of life experience, and Eragon was written by some 20 year old kid?

Not that any of that would matter if Eragon actually was better than LOTR. Which it, of course, isn't. Actually, there are more than a few fantasy books that are more of a challenge to LOTR than Eragon is. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" series comes to mind.

Bah I say!

:lol: You actually enjoyed that book Primesky?

Gawd, I couldn't tell you how many times I fell asleep just trying to finish the darn thing... zzZZZzzzzzzzz :xp:

Though, one could argue that the Two Towers is just as much a snoozer... I don't know how the movie made it interesting... magic of Hollywood I guess :giveup:

(waits for the angry mob)

:lol: You actually enjoyed that book Primesky?

Gawd, I couldn't tell you how many times I fell asleep just trying to finish the darn thing... zzZZZzzzzzzzz :xp:

Though, one could argue that the Two Towers is just as much a snoozer... I don't know how the movie made it interesting... magic of Hollywood I guess :giveup:

(waits for the angry mob)

angry-mob.bmp

HERESY!

No, but seriously. The LOTR Poetry sections, strange nudity-hippie stuff Tom Bombadil and entire family line explanations when people meet can get tiresome yes.

"I am Aragorn son of..brother of...nephew of...twice removed...used to work at Wall-mart..."

Archived